• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
eh feels right. The rivian was under priced and rare.

Ford will crank out 200k of these and they’re really no different than the ICE (by design).

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Very good price for a Lariat ER IMO.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
anyone buying an 80k+ truck shouldnt have any trouble qualifying for the 7500 credit.

That's BS and I hate when people trot out that fallacy.

I can easily afford an $80k truck and don't have $7500 tax liability. Perhaps a person has non taxable income. Perhaps they have a huge saving account(or an inheritance). Maybe they just saved up for the last 10yrs and finally decided to ditch their 1990 Corolla.

Whatever the reason, the ability to afford the truck has no bearing on whether they can apply the $7500 credit

LagSwag1

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
GM Software Engineer
That's BS and I hate when people trot out that fallacy.

I can easily afford an $80k truck and don't have $7500 tax liability. Perhaps a person has non taxable income. Perhaps they have a huge saving account(or an inheritance). Maybe they just saved up for the last 10yrs and finally decided to ditch their 1990 Corolla.

Whatever the reason, the ability to afford the truck has no bearing on whether they can apply the $7500 credit
perhaps. but the people who are avid savers or have been driving a 1990 corolla arent likely to be the type to splurge on an $80k EV. The large majority of people buying a truck or any vehicle at this price are going to have the tax liability for the credit, or the knowledge of how to manipulate their income and taxes to create the 7500 tax liability. You can move some 401k into a roth ira and create it pretty quickly.

I wont argue that there are certainly exceptions. But I stand by the fact that the majority of people buying something like this have the income and the tax liability to qualify for the credit.

Sponsored

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
I'm in Iowa and I pay 6% in sales tax. I also traded in a 60k vehicle and only paid sales tax on the value difference between the two. Think around 1300ish total. I made out ok on the whole thing. Sorry it didn't bring what some of you were hoping it would. I have enough crypto/stock losses to cover the capital gains tax, so that's a good thing, I guess.

I honestly didn't think it would get to 95k, my reserve. It is just an F-150 that is fast as shit, quiet, and uses ohms law instead of dinosaurs to move. The Rivians will always go for more as they are unique and the Lightning doesn't stand out. I enjoyed it when other pickup drivers would notice and give a smile and thumbs up, but that happened like three times. Otherwise people just thought it was a new F-150 and nothing special.

Though the elderly lady that was putting her groceries away right next to me as I opened the Frunk and commenced emptying a full cart, as she just stared at me. I'm pretty sure she wanted to tell me that the engine won't be good for my groceries, but she was too nice to say anything.
That was worth it!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer arranged for a test drive today of their demo unit ..about 30min.

I was amazed they let me have it..alone...for that long.

This just makes waiting for mine (I am in the infamous wave 7) that much harder.

I got absolutely NO attention whatsoever in suburban Albany NY.

I'm completely cool with that. The thing is wicked fast and a sleeper. Can't wait to dust Mustangs, Cameros, and "fart can" Hondas at stoplights...

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Also, the guy that bought it didn't think he would get it for just 100.5k. Everyone guessed around 115 to 120.
He seems like a very cool guy and wanted an electric truck to go with the rest of his electric fleet. Glad it went to someone that is going to get a lot of use out of it! Also, his shipper was a cool dude and we shot the shit and I helped load up my baby.

One good thing that will come out of this, people that are genuinely trying to make a quick buck will now know the market tolerance for a Lariat Extended Range. So maybe dealers will realize they aren't going to get 150k for the same truck on ebay and not risk pissing off Ford for that little of profit.

romeoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Telsa Model 3, 18 Ford Raptor 22 Ford Lightning
One good thing that will come out of this, people that are genuinely trying to make a quick buck will now know the market tolerance for a Lariat Extended Range. So maybe dealers will realize they aren't going to get 150k for the same truck on ebay and not risk pissing off Ford for that little of profit.
The buyer got a good deal, you definitely lost out on money. I'm glad you were able to sell it, but you were desperate to sell it for personal reasons which led to the low amount. Dealers are not stupid because they see it every day. If someone really want's something now they are going to pay well over MSRP just to get it. This is why dealers are selling their demos for 25k+ and that buyer has to wait 6 months. If you would have waited a bit longer and got more views on the auction, I could have seen this, go for a minimum of 125k. Again, glad you sold it, but I won't be shocked to see the same truck back online to turn another profit :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
The buyer got a good deal, you definitely lost out on money. I'm glad you were able to sell it, but you were desperate to sell it for personal reasons which led to the low amount. Dealers are not stupid because they see it every day. If someone really want's something now they are going to pay well over MSRP just to get it. This is why dealers are selling their demos for 25k+ and that buyer has to wait 6 months. If you would have waited a bit longer and got more views on the auction, I could have seen this, go for a minimum of 125k. Again, glad you sold it, but I won't be shocked to see the same truck back online to turn another profit :ROFLMAO:
desperate? That didn't effect the price it sold for at all. Everyone had a fair shake at bidding nobody walked away saying this dude is "desperate" I'm not over paying to that guy. Not everyone has liquid cash for vehicle over 100k+ and no bank/credit union will finance a vehicle 20k over sticker.

Sponsored

romeoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
desperate? That didn't effect the price it sold for at all. Everyone had a fair shake at bidding nobody walked away saying this dude is "desperate" I'm not over paying to that guy. Not everyone has liquid cash for vehicle over 100k+ and no bank/credit union will finance a vehicle 20k over sticker.
First, you might want to call around to see about financing on auto loans. I know Navy Federal does 125% loan to value! Second, If you actually have been following this seller you would have seen he had no choice but to sell due to unforeseen circumstances. If he wasn't so hard pressed to sell now, he could have waited a bit longer and this would have sold for around 25k+ if not more. Dealers are marking up vehicles like this all the time and they have no issue selling them when an allotment comes in to order one. For instance, the Raptor, there is a 25K markup and dealers don't have to budge because as soon as they get an allotment to order it's sold within hours. So to comment on my original post, if the seller could have waited a bit longer, I think and this is just my opinion, he could have made more. On a side note, I am looking to get a new Raptor and one dealer offered me 125k for my Lariat ER on the spot even if I didn't order a raptor from them. But I'm sure you are more versed on this topic than I.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sometimes its not about the money....

It's gonna be so fun to watch the market crash on these things. Dealers burning a lot of bridges to make a fast buck. The market does not support a $25, $35K(or more) markup. Ford has started cranking these things out and in 6-12months will be making 100k/yr of them. (Ford's stated goal is 150k/yr by mid 2023).

I love the truck, but I'll be damned if I pay that much ADM. You can also bet that I'll never set foot in a dealer that charges excessive ADM-- even on a vehicle I didn't buy. Word gets around. Bad actors will see potential customers go to dealers who were not trying to scam the customer.

What goes around, comes around....

romeoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sometimes its not about the money....

It's gonna be so fun to watch the market crash on these things. Dealers burning a lot of bridges to make a fast buck. The market does not support a $25, $35K(or more) markup. Ford has started cranking these things out and in 6-12months will be making 100k/yr of them. (Ford's stated goal is 150k/yr by mid 2023).

I love the truck, but I'll be damned if I pay that much ADM. You can also bet that I'll never set foot in a dealer that charges excessive ADM-- even on a vehicle I didn't buy. Word gets around. Bad actors will see potential customers go to dealers who were not trying to scam the customer.

What goes around, comes around....
Keep in mind I'm not a dealer but it's funny when someone says, "I won't go to a dealer that charges over MSRP for a vehicle" I hear you, I'm the same way. However, there are ALOT more people who don't share those views and will go to a dealer and pay markup, depends on how bad they want a vehicle. Dealers know this and will let you walk away all day long. They will get their business; they always have and always will. The market isn't going to crash on vehicles. Two years ago we were all told there was a "chip shortage", now every vehicle sells for MSRP at a minimum. I can promise you this "chip shortage" is here to stay. It's all about business and making money. Welcome to the new era of no more haggling prices! Supply and demand wins every time.

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Keep in mind I'm not a dealer but it's funny when someone says, "I won't go to a dealer that charges over MSRP for a vehicle" I hear you, I'm the same way. However, there are ALOT more people who don't share those views and will go to a dealer and pay markup, depends on how bad they want a vehicle. Dealers know this and will let you walk away all day long. They will get their business; they always have and always will. The market isn't going to crash on vehicles. Two years ago we were all told there was a "chip shortage", now every vehicle sells for MSRP at a minimum. I can promise you this "chip shortage" is here to stay. It's all about business and making money. Welcome to the new era of no more haggling prices! Supply and demand wins every time.
I'm glad we have a market expert in the forums that knows the ins and outs of all things Lightning, dealers and financing. Whats a chip shortage please explain?

romeoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm glad we have a market expert in the forums that knows the ins and outs of all things Lightning, dealers and financing. Whats a chip shortage please explain?
It's called research, and from your posts, I can see you have done very little of it.
Sponsored