• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Leveling Kits - to level the front?

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Has there been any information released about current leveling kits fitting the lightning? I'm looking to raise just the front to level if needed.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Following. I have no desire to lift the truck but I do not want a bad stance like a dragster with its ass high. I’ve seen some pics where the truck sits perfectly and some with the rear too high. Hopefully we get looks at a lot of customer trucks as they come in.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Going to take a pretty good range hit removing the rake.

But the suspension is the only thing that's not original f-150 so no way to really know.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
80lb sacks of concrete will do the job cheap.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Just leveling ...cool, but please no Carolina Squat mod's!

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Leveling Kits - to level the front? 1651974166877

Sponsored

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
I have leveled F150 and other light duty trucks by pulling the 1 to 2 inch block from the axle mount. Don't even know it Lightning has one, but if it did that would not mess with the weight sensors. The day mine comes in I will know, dead levelnis how I like them. I also always install Airlift SmartAir bags so trailers pull properly, but don't know how this truck will react.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Going to take a pretty good range hit removing the rake.

But the suspension is the only thing that's not original f-150 so no way to really know.
Depends on you level it. Lifting the front will hurt range. Lowering the back should have no impact and may help a bit.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Depends on you level it. Lifting the front will hurt range. Lowering the back should have no impact and may help a bit.
^^^
Changing the rake angle will take a hit on your range. Lowering the truck will improve range. Raising the front will reduce range.

Just leave it alone for optimum range - better to get more miles per charge than messing with the engineered aerodynamics.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have leveled F150 and other light duty trucks by pulling the 1 to 2 inch block from the axle mount. Don't even know it Lightning has one, but if it did that would not mess with the weight sensors. The day mine comes in I will know, dead levelnis how I like them. I also always install Airlift SmartAir bags so trailers pull properly, but don't know how this truck will react.
Seeing that the lightning has a fully independent rear suspension, there is not going to be a block on the axel mount. Also any currently existing f150 suspension components or upgrades will not work.
I'm not an engineer and I haven't compared the rear suspension on the lightning to the expedition, but I would bet that expedition parts will not fit either.
Seeing as how this first generation lightning is going to be extremely low volume compared to the ice f150, I have a feeling nobody is going to put forth the money to engineer anything for the small percentage of people who want to modify the suspension. I could be wrong.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Seeing as how this first generation lightning is going to be extremely low volume compared to the ice f150, I have a feeling nobody is going to put forth the money to engineer anything for the small percentage of people who want to modify the suspension. I could be wrong.
It's true that the aftermarket will be smaller than an equivalent ICE F150 model, but a lot of people who drive F150s will modify them, so I'm hopeful that we see some pieces for it, though perhaps not until well into 2023 or 2024.

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
How can you level it by increasing the rake?

Level means flat, lol.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
How can you level it by increasing the rake?

Level means flat, lol.
I am not sure I understand the question. The rake is because the front is lower than the rear. You can fix this my either raising the front (to match the rear) or lowering the rear (to match the front).

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Did not even know it was independent rear. They do not design rake for range, it is for a soft ride with no load, level with moderate load.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Unlike solid axle ICE F150 - Lightnings with independent rear suspension, you need to be careful about modifying an unladen truck, you may end up with a rear looking like this when you tow or haul:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Leveling Kits - to level the front? 2015_ford_f-150_prf_lt_50615_717

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I am not sure I understand the question. The rake is because the front is lower than the rear. You can fix this my either raising the front (to match the rear) or lowering the rear (to match the front).

My apologies, I misread
Sponsored