• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
https://electrek.co/2022/12/28/ford-lightning-owner-powers-home-essentials-for-2-days/

"Although it wasn’t wired to the home’s panel, the owner ran two extension cords with a splitter to power the refrigerators, freezers, Wi-Fi, select lights, and TV for nearly two full days. And the best part, when the power was restored, the Lightning still had 65% of its battery left."
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning owner uses Pro Power Onboard as home backup power for 2 days and still had 65% of battery left 1672410021838

Lost power for 17 hours the truck used maybe 6%. We just had basically 3 circuits on.
For the furnace, water heater, Fridge, all the internet equipment plus Tv amps, coffee maker and an induction cooker.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
How would you go about hooking a furnace and water heater up to extension cords?

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How would you go about hooking a furnace and water heater up to extension cords?
I just went simple if power goes out I plug in the truck. Low cost setup.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning owner uses Pro Power Onboard as home backup power for 2 days and still had 65% of battery left 1665856187741-png-

Works no problem with the trucks GFI
FYI I turn down the Ford Pro charge station to setting #5=48 amps. wired direct to panel with 60amp breaker. When I have the $4,000 for the Sun Home Auto integration system then will set that up. This setup cost me about $800.00. I just need to plug truck in and turn it on.;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
27kwh in my backup system power my house for 40 hours of average use (and that's with solar panels completely covered up), I can't even imagine having 100kwh

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
1672410021838.png

Lost power for 17 hours the truck used maybe 6%. We just had basically 3 circuits on.
For the furnace, water heater, Fridge, all the internet equipment plus Tv amps, coffee maker and an induction cooker.
Do you have to reset Pro Power after awhile?

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Do you have to reset Pro Power after awhile?
No just turn off the auto truck timer and set the reserve range to shut down the pro power. I had mine set to 20 miles so I could go recharge in another area if needed. I never got anywhere near that. I figure I could go 200 hours before it would hit the 20 mile shut down.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
No just turn off the auto truck timer and set the reserve range to shut down the pro power. I had mine set to 20 miles so I could go recharge in another area if needed. I never got anywhere near that. I figure I could go 200 hours before it would hit the 20 mile shut down.
That's cool. I'm in California and at most will be down power for 2 hours not even once a year, but when it does ill be ready..

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
1672410021838.png

How does the Lightning ride on snow chains?
I want to get up to Big Bear Lake California this weekend and its snowing up there now, i need to find out what size chains to get for the 275/60R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires ?

Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How does the Lightning ride on snow chains?
I want to get up to Big Bear Lake California this weekend and its snowing up there now, i need to find out what size chains to get for the 275/60R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires ?
Sorry, I have never used chains so I can't answer that. 🤷‍♂️

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Sorry, I have never used chains so I can't answer that. 🤷‍♂️
All that snow and no chains needed??
Must be a California thing, they require chains going up to Big Bear mountain.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
All that snow and no chains needed??
Must be a California thing, they require chains going up to Big Bear mountain.
No real Mountains out here in Ontario

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Works no problem with the trucks GFI
Thank you for this post. I am curious how this setup does not cause a problem with the GFI. Do you have the exact model number of what you bought?

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for this post. I am curious how this setup does not cause a problem with the GFI. Do you have the exact model number of what you bought?
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning owner uses Pro Power Onboard as home backup power for 2 days and still had 65% of battery left 1669586086988-

Reliance Controls 30 Amp 7500W 10-Circuit Indoor Transfer Switch Kit
Model # 310CRK|Store SKU # 1001061741 Canadian Home Depot US unit maybe different.
I took the generator connector plug out of the remote outside box, and installed it in the optional position in the transfer switch panel. Since the Lightning has no gas fumes I kept the system all in the garage. The reason it works with the truck's GFI is the ground from the truck is not connected to the transfer panel. Some people have technical issues with that.

There is a thread that a Lightning owner purchased the Reliance Control panel that works with GFI generators.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning owner uses Pro Power Onboard as home backup power for 2 days and still had 65% of battery left 1672585533335

XRC1005D Panel/Link® X Series
The New Reliance Panel/Link X Series is a double-pole manual transfer switch with an exclusive third-pole for the neutral that switches sequentially. The X Series is perfect for use with generators having GFCI protected outlets, bonded neutral generators and installations requiring a separately-derived system.
On GFI protected generators, the X Series will prevent a ground fault which will, in turn, prevent the circuit breakers on the generator from nuisance tripping.
However:
As of 10/15/2022 all X-Series transfer panels have been temporarily discontinued due to a parts supply issue. We currently do not have an estimate of future availability.
Might be available now.
Sponsored

Last edited: