• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Perfect! Thanks a ton! It does look like my issues above are related to the charging glitch. After taking it off the plug and keeping an eye on it, I didn't have any reduced power issues today.
I will defer to @Gimme_my_MME as far as this question goes. Based on his response a few posts up, if it was an isolated incident, it was just a glitch in the matrix and you should be good to go.
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Was that 6.3 or some other release. It hasn't been talked about a lot, but there are two known bugs from the last group of updates - the Hey Ford no longer works and Alexa has disappeared.
This is the only recent thread that I can find discussing Alexa and the recent Power Up 6.x updates.

I still have Alexa and "OK, Ford" still works after having my 2023 Lariat ER updated through v6.3. But Alexa connectivity has gone south compared to earlier in the summer. It may in part be due to using Apple CarPlay, which turns off iPhone Wi-Fi connectivity (but that didn't use to have an effect).

So, right outside my garage door, Wi-Fi connectivity is weak and my MVNO Spectrum Mobile connectivity (provided by Verizon) is only 1 bar. If I try to use the truck Alexa, it's hit or miss and I often hear, "I'm having trouble connecting. Try again later." - but it still doesn't work later. If I switch to an app on my iPhone, Meross for the garage door opener, or Kasa (TP-Link) for the lights on the outside garage wall, they work like gangbusters.

So, IMHO, the update process screwed the truck Alexa, which used to work great outside my garage door to control the door and the garage lights. Must be hard to get all the update ducks in order, plus have Apple CarPlay stay up to date with changing Ford system parameters.

I have also had increasing problems getting Apple CarPlay to launch. Before, the truck and my phone would automatically connect. Now, I usually have to deliberately launch CarPlay from the Sync screen, and connectivity usually works better if I first connect my iPhone with the Music or Phone Call option in the Phone List dropdown. Sometimes, just turning CarPlay off and on again in my iPhone Settings, General page works. Other times it requires a reboot of my iPhone. So, the truck and CarPlay are working less well together than they used to for me. Could be since I drive around now with a State Farm Drive Safe & Save BT beacon in a cup holder and often have my Veepeak OBDII scanner plugged in that there is just too much BT activity in the air for my truck's liking (I'm usually not connected to the OBDII scanner, though).

Last edited:

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
This is the only recent thread that I can find discussing Alexa and the recent Power Up 6.x updates.

I still have Alexa and "OK, Ford" still works after having my 2023 Lariat ER updated through v6.3. But Alexa connectivity has gone south compared to earlier in the summer. It may in part be due to using Apple CarPlay, which turns off iPhone Wi-Fi connectivity (but that didn't use to have an effect).

So, right outside my garage door, Wi-Fi connectivity is weak and my MVNO Spectrum Mobile connectivity (provided by Verizon) is only 1 bar. If I try to use the truck Alexa, it's hit or miss and I often hear, "I'm having trouble connecting. Try again later." - but it still doesn't work later. If I switch to an app on my iPhone, Meross for the garage door opener, or Kasa (TP-Link) for the lights on the outside garage wall, they work like gangbusters.

So, IMHO, the update process screwed the truck Alexa, which used to work great outside my garage door to control the door and the garage lights. Must be hard to get all the update ducks in order, plus have Apple CarPlay stay up to date with changing Ford system parameters.

I have also had increasing problems getting Apple CarPlay to launch. Before, the truck and my phone would automatically connect. Now, I usually have to deliberately launch CarPlay from the Sync screen, and connectivity usually works better if I first connect my iPhone with the Music or Phone Call option in the Phone List dropdown. Sometimes, just turning CarPlay off and on again in my iPhone Settings, General page works. Other times it requires a reboot of my iPhone. So, the truck and CarPlay are working less well together than they used to for me. Could be since I drive around now with a State Farm Drive Safe & Save BT beacon in a cup holder and often have my Veepeak OBDII scanner plugged in that there is just too much BT activity in the air for my truck's liking (I'm usually not connected to the OBDII scanner, though).
Since I was updated to 6.3 Ford Assistant and Alexa have been completely removed. In the Connectivity Vehicle Features menu Ford Assistant is still an option, but the Ford Assistant in the Settings Menu is gone.

Also Alexa is gone in the setting menu and the application is complete missing.

Reactions: GDN

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Since I was updated to 6.3 Ford Assistant and Alexa have been completely removed. In the Connectivity Vehicle Features menu Ford Assistant is still an option, but the Ford Assistant in the Settings Menu is gone.

Also Alexa is gone in the setting menu and the application is complete missing.
This is likely why the pulled the update.

Sponsored

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone know if updates are available for 23 model year yet? Specifically the SOC on IPC?

dutchie027

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Seems like I’m in the same boat as a few others in that my vehicle has recently been in for a lot of the CSPs but I’m not getting OTAs it seems because my SOC meter is still always 100 and doesn’t change per the drop a while back. Can someone run my. in and see what might show?

1FT6W1EV2PWG04675

thanks in advance

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Seems like I’m in the same boat as a few others in that my vehicle has recently been in for a lot of the CSPs but I’m not getting OTAs it seems because my SOC meter is still always 100 and doesn’t change per the drop a while back. Can someone run my. in and see what might show?

1FT6W1EV2PWG04675

thanks in advance
Your recent OTA history is extensive and clean. Last update was 6.2.0 about a month ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1700842214448

Sponsored

dutchie027

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Your recent OTA history is extensive and clean. Last update was 6.2.0 about a month ago.

1700842214448.png
Hmm. What would preclude the vehicle then from getting the update that shows the power meter and the SOC using the actual percentage versus always showing 100?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hmm. What would preclude the vehicle then from getting the update that shows the power meter and the SOC using the actual percentage versus always showing 100?
Ford. As per a reliable source on this forum, that update is not available at this time via the OTA process or FDRS.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

elpamyelhsa

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Next-Gen Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 MY22
Not sure if anyone can help, but I have been trying to update my SYNC 4 unit and having some issues finding the updates. Can someone look to see if any further updates are showing in FDRS since I updated it a few days ago?

VIN: MPBCMFF60NX418770

Firstly this is a 2022 Ford Ranger that I have had only had a few months and has SYNC 4A. It was running SYNC 4 22186 Revision 486. Two weeks after some recalls in the shop at Ford, Power-Up 3.7.1 arrived updating SYNC to 4 23096 Revision 826. The FordPass app did not show any information about this updating taking place.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1701682850913
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1701682885109

Ford Australia have been promising updates since September to my series vehicle that will change to the smaller Cards and the Control Settings merging into a single menu. Facebook posts show other owners getting the Ford Power-up 3.7.2 but it looks like the old theme still.

I am wondering if I have to just wait until Ford release the next Power-Up, or if someone can confirm more FDRS updates for APIM are kicking around that are worth me purchsing the 2 day license. Or, if the OTA is waiting in queue and is just failing for reasons.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also note, after the 3.7.1 update installed, I used FDRS to update about 7 modules, including the TCU, APIM and GWM over USB to the latest offered versions, but these versions still seem to be behind what I am seeing online in other vehicles.

Last edited:

mikbellemare

First Name
Mikael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT 2023
Wondering if someone can check mine as well.. New owner of an XLT since 2 weeks and saw lots of people saying they are on 6.3 and have % shown.. No update available

1FTVW1EL3PWG24315

current sync 4 version: 4.0.22326
Sponsored