• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
probably because none of the customer orders were timestamped early enough. Good on Ford for maintaining order here.
My brother is the finance manager at a local ford dealership in Iowa. I ordered mine at 930 CST during the announcement on the 19th. Figured I wouldn't be in the first wave, as probably a couple thousand ordered before me.

Now he just texted me and they got notified from Ford that they won't be allocated any. I'm number 1 at this dealership.

Now I'm wondering if I should call around to other dealers and see if they are actually going to get allocated any.

Fuck.
That is very awkward, especially if you're # 1 on list and even considering timestamp. From everything gathered on this forum since wave 1, every dealership got 1 order first wave. You seem to be the first person saying a dealership didn't get a wave 1 order. There are plenty that placed reservation minutes into presentation and didn't get wave 1..but others like me with timestamp at 8:54 CST (very close to you) got wave 1 order despite thousands of timestamp reservations ahead. So the consensus was that probably earliest timestamp at each dealership (not accounting for any divisive prioritization) got wave 1 order.
Is your dealership EV certified? If they're not, they won't get any. Otherwise, I think there may be something fishy in play where the dealership prioritized owners kids or something and you're really not number 1, so they feeding your brother some bad info to relay to you. Wait to see how tomorrow plays out and if the info was true. Maybe people at dealership just speculating on allotment like we are all speculating about every little detail on here lol.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
A helpful tip for those waiting on Wave 2...I was able to order on Wave 1 by logging all the way out of my Ford account and then logging back in. That is when I saw I could order. I received the email invite to order 30 minutes after I received the email confirming my order.

OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
A helpful tip for those waiting on Wave 2...I was able to order on Wave 1 by logging all the way out of my Ford account and then logging back in. That is when I saw I could order. I received the email invite to order 30 minutes after I received the email confirming my order.
What time did that go down ? You are talking about Thursday I assume

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
What time did that go down ? You are talking about Thursday I assume
Right around the 5 PM EDT time on that Thursday for Wave 1...I grew frustrated that I hadn't gotten the email to order Wave 1 after my dealership said I was #1 on their list. Logged out of all Ford webpages opened, logged back into my main account associated with my reservation email, went to my reservation page and it showed I could place my order. Possibly could have ordered sooner if I had tried this instead of waiting on the email invitation to build.

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
That is very awkward, especially if you're # 1 on list and even considering timestamp. From everything gathered on this forum since wave 1, every dealership got 1 order first wave. You seem to be the first person saying a dealership didn't get a wave 1 order. There are plenty that placed reservation minutes into presentation and didn't get wave 1..but others like me with timestamp at 8:54 CST (very close to you) got wave 1 order despite thousands of timestamp reservations ahead. So the consensus was that probably earliest timestamp at each dealership (not accounting for any divisive prioritization) got wave 1 order.
Is your dealership EV certified? If they're not, they won't get any. Otherwise, I think there may be something fishy in play where the dealership prioritized owners kids or something and you're really not number 1, so they feeding your brother some bad info to relay to you. Wait to see how tomorrow plays out and if the info was true. Maybe people at dealership just speculating on allotment like we are all speculating about every little detail on here lol.
My small local dealer stating the same. Getting a test mule but 0 2022's.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I kept refreshing my account during the first wave and was able to order about 4:45 p.m. I got a text telling me I could order well after I had already ordered.

Nice thing about the waves, the site should not lock up given the limited number permitted to order.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Joining in on the watch conversation, good luck to everyone anxious to get the ball rolling.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning WAVE 2 Emails Coming 1/19 For Ordering on 1/20 – Per Ford Customer Service 1642654590052

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I am hoping you are right because a guy in wave 1 now sees the Pro sold out for him -
FE72B8B2-287D-4BFA-961B-BD5A088DF2C8.jpeg
Damn! Well he is right that trims will disappear if you sit on the reservation longer. But that picture shows XLT also sold out which is suspicious unless people are just getting the standard range trim. Especially suspicious with only 1 person ordering and not every dealer getting one first wave order.

Maybe they will add them during following waves depending on how they reallocate models.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Damn! Well he is right that trims will disappear if you sit on the reservation longer. But that picture shows XLT also sold out which is suspicious unless people are just getting the standard range trim. Especially suspicious with only 1 person ordering and not every dealer getting one first wave order.

Maybe they will add them during following waves depending on how they reallocate models.
I don’t see the XLT being sold out. If you look under the configuration page, you would see all of them are Limited Availability. So just cause it has that banner doesn’t mean it’s sold out.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed

A. That screenshot may be a pretty damn good photoshop

B. If not a photoshop, then the XLT may be available still, since each grid uses same color theme like my screenshot below, but its cut off so we don't know for sure.

C. If this guy is from indeed from Wave 1, why the hell hasn't he ordered yet?! Doesn't he know Wave 2 coming tomorrow? Ya, i get it.. he may still be undecided and going back and forth with what he wants, blah blah blah..but good Lord. Make up your damn mind! If you're lucky enough to get the Golden Ticket and know models are limited, quit being so indecisive, figure it out and order a.s.a.p! Hope everyone that gets a future invite learns from this guy.

Anyway, this is what SmoothJ was referring to..

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning WAVE 2 Emails Coming 1/19 For Ordering on 1/20 – Per Ford Customer Service limited availablility
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.