• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Living with the Standard Range battery in the Lightning

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I find my SR seems oddly similar to my model 3 long range was. On trips, I make just about the same stops and drive the same stretches. I think it really boils down to the model 3 was much less than the 310 it claimed... and the F150 is much closer to the 230 it claims.
Sponsored

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
My SR has about 6K miles on it now.

My routine use is a 70 mile round trip with a 3700' elevation change. Going down, I usually see 3+ mKh and I feel like an EV god. Coming back up? I'd really rather not go there (1.1 mKh in the winter).
The occasional 150-200 mile trip (one way) is mindlessly simple, but that usually means 'San Francisco Bay Area' for me so finding a charger is much easier than it would be in many other places.

All things considered, I'm not sure I'd opt for the ER given my use case. Range anxiety used to really bother me but, as I've gotten used to how it works, I think that the ER would just mean me hauling around a lot of extra weight for no meaningful purpose.

One other note... I live in serious snow country. There are some moronic videos out there bashing the Lightning in snow. Not 3 hours ago my Lightning came up a long, steep road (+1000' elevation change in less than 2 miles) that was covered in ice, snow, and slush. It was mindlessly easy. With the right tires, this truck is an absolute DREAM in the snow.