• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Extended Range V.S Standard Range Battery

When ordering a lightning, will you order an Extended Range or Standard Range Battery?

• Total voters

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
When I bought, my only option for the XLT was the SR battery. It works for us but I’d prefer the ER battery, especially with the price reductions that brought it into the tax credit price range after I purchased.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
It’s in the Forscan thread. The parts are pretty cheap and just a few values you need to change with Forscan.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/
I have seen other posts about Forscan, and have no idea what FDRS is. As a Maintenance Tech, I have had to program PLC's when I was working, But Like getting into, and modifying the The Registry on my laptop, until I can learn more, I'd be very leery about modifying any of that.
Do you know of any tutorial's on Forscan or this FDRS?
Thank you for any info you can provide...

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I bought a Standard Range based on my prior experience with a 75D Tesla which gets 237 miles of range….

Then I bought an Extended range.

Here’s my take..

- If you tow, get an ER.
- If you road trip a lot, get an ER.
- If you mostly drive around town with an occasional trip out of state, or frequently go only one state out; you’ll be ok with a SE.

On paper it’s not much more, and it’s not needed per se, but it makes life sooo much easier if you tow or go long distances.
Also, don't forget, we should be getting the Tesla charge adapters in Feb from Ford and that will change all ford EV owners lives!

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
Go to Verne Eides in Mitchell SD and buy and ER for a little more then the SR ...
I bought a truck from Verne Eide in Mitchell, SD a few years ago from 700 miles away. The dealership assured me there was no damage to the truck. When I arrived, I found a nice sized dent in the rear wheel arch that they had conveniently left out of all of the pictures and video they sent me. Since I had flown in to purchase the truck, I was pretty much forced to take it anyway. They apologized and gave me a free baseball cap to make up for it. I will never darken their doorway again. Buyer beware!

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
XLT SR, and I wish I'd gotten the ER.

It was fine in the summertime, but right now dealing with both cold and elevation has the truck routinely between 1.2 and 1.4 mKh. My typical trip to town these days leaves me scraping home with <20 miles left in the battery. It works, but I'd sure like to have a bit more for when they close the road, or I have to detour, or...
Sponsored