• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Made a new friend (Electric Chevrolet Silverado)

Tairal

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
While stopping for a charge in NC, this unicorn pulled in to the spot a few down from me.

The owner (who works for GM) was very kind, and patient as he answered all my questions.

Highlights:
-It will charge at 350kw
-Range is 500 miles
-Turning radius (a huge issue for is) is fantastic
-Software is stable and great
-He mentioned there are only about 30 of them on the road right now

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll see if I can remember the rest!

Ford F-150 Lightning Made a new friend (Electric Chevrolet Silverado) IMG_1833

Ford F-150 Lightning Made a new friend (Electric Chevrolet Silverado) IMG_1834
Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
The Chevy is in another class, both in design and price point. It looks decent in your photos, too. I'm excited to see some more real world data once these get in reviewers' and owners' hands.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The Chevy is in another class, both in design and price point. It looks decent in your photos, too. I'm excited to see some more real world data once these get in reviewers' and owners' hands.
Ya especially price, $100k+ for the foreseeable future. That $80k version that he's driving is exclusive to fleet orders at the moment. They promise a $50k version for retail customers but who knows if they'll ever actually make it.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm not big on the looks, don't really like the wings on the back of the cab. The passthrough is really cool though. I think I would miss having Android auto too much though.
I don't think any of the WT built so far have the passthrough. It wasn't on the one that was at the recent press events.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I don't think any of the WT built so far have the passthrough. It wasn't on the one that was at the recent press events.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I figured it was only on the high end ones, just wish it was an option on the work trucks since they're the ones that would probably use it the most.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I figured it was only on the high end ones, just wish it was an option on the work trucks since they're the ones that would probably use it the most.
The only retail version that has been shown is the RST, where will be retail WT versions and what options are on those is yet to be seen.

I can assure you that at retail, GM isn't going to push an $80k truck that has vinyl seats as are present in the fleet 4wt that has been shown.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The only retail version that has been shown is the RST, where will be retail WT versions and what options are on those is yet to be seen.

I can assure you that at retail, GM isn't going to push an $80k truck that has vinyl seats as are present in the fleet 4wt that has been shown.
Gee, so much for their $42K base EV WT they touted last year...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ya, I believe at the recent media stuff where all the YouTubers put out videos, they said it's going to start at $50k. We will see what happens in the future. I know Ford is working on a ranger or ranger sized EV pickup as well. So it will probably take that to get prices down.

I somewhat understand, with the lightning, why sell a $50k truck when you can sell an $80k truck that has nowhere near $30k additional cost to build.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Given the range and charging architecture, I plan to get my hands on a few of those and then spend a few $ on seat and interior upgrades.

That’s a much better deal than a Lariat or a Platinum at this time.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll see if I can remember the rest!
Did he have any scoop on future trims (cheapest trim with midgate with 350+ mile range)?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Even Tesla that forced everyone else to announce a $40K truck is not going to make one but I owe them big time because if they didn't, I wouldn't be able to get my hands on that unicorn from Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited: