• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mongoose / FDRS / FORSCAN

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Tired of getting turned down by service departments to get my Sync Update, so I will be taking matters into my own hands and doing it myself as many others have successfully reported. While I have the 2 day FDRS subscription, is there anything else that you recommend I activate/change with either FDRS or FORSCAN? What changes have you made with either tool?
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
The apim update took a bit o time.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just curious, why, why are you so concerned with updates. Is the only way you find out about updates by hearing from other owners on the internet that happened to get them OTA?

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Just want to have the latest. It is not like it is in beta mode. The only reason I do not have it is becuase my truck sat on the lot so long. It is a demo from 22.

Like having a new iphone on ios 15 when you just pad Iphone 14 money.

#1 Scuba

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F350,1997 F350
Just curious, why, why are you so concerned with updates. Is the only way you find out about updates by hearing from other owners on the internet that happened to get them OTA?
FYI - I have a 2022 Lariat (With 511A) and a 2022 Platinum and they were built within 30 days of one another and the Platinum is way behind. The User Interface on the 15.5 inch screen is a Safety Hazard compared to the Lariat. The input controls are different because of the software versions!

Sponsored

tk44189

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
I just did exactly what youā€™re pursuing. I ran everything available update wise in FDRS. Truck was stuck at 3.5.4 for months. I did pay for a 30 day subscription and plan to re-check at the last day. I did lose my xm, gps, telematics and such after updating via FDRS but using forscan to push the as built back restored everything. Also the updates resolved the blue cruise ping pong. I didnā€™t connect to a 12v power supply, but did connect a spare deep cycle battery. Everything took about 3 hours. I did use a 3.0usb flash drive, not sure if it actually pulls data at 3.0 speeds though.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I just did exactly what youā€™re pursuing. I ran everything available update wise in FDRS. Truck was stuck at 3.5.4 for months. I did pay for a 30 day subscription and plan to re-check at the last day. I did lose my xm, gps, telematics and such after updating via FDRS but using forscan to push the as built back restored everything. Also the updates resolved the blue cruise ping pong. I didnā€™t connect to a 12v power supply, but did connect a spare deep cycle battery. Everything took about 3 hours. I did use a 3.0usb flash drive, not sure if it actually pulls data at 3.0 speeds though.
was gonna wait till tomorrow but was too excited. Doing now. You are the first tjey I have heard about having to use FORSCAN. Do I need to pay for that too?

tk44189

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
You can get forscan for free just need the extended license. I do pay their asked $12 though

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Ok. May DM you if I have issues with that part if you donā€™t mind. Did you do anything else cool with FORSCAN like make your light bar brighter ?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
FYI - I have a 2022 Lariat (With 511A) and a 2022 Platinum and they were built within 30 days of one another and the Platinum is way behind. The User Interface on the 15.5 inch screen is a Safety Hazard compared to the Lariat. The input controls are different because of the software versions!
I thought all Lariats had the 15" portrait screen, Are there Lariats out there with the 12" landscape screen? If so I have never seen one in person?

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Just want to have the latest. It is not like it is in beta mode. The only reason I do not have it is becuase my truck sat on the lot so long. It is a demo from 22.

Like having a new iphone on ios 15 when you just pad Iphone 14 money.
@ooSHAZAMoo @Ford Motor Company

Ford canā€™t fix bugs that been around since the launch of Mach E.

whatā€™s wrong with this picture? ā€This Tripā€ normally doesnā€™t reset every time truck is turned off.
Today: it reset efficiency but not time and distance. Thatā€™s a new one for me - it usually doesnā€™t reset all 3.

I donā€™t always leave my foot on the bake when turning of, though that has not been 100% effective either.
Ford F-150 Lightning Mongoose / FDRS / FORSCAN IMG_6195
Sponsored