• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Has there ever been any tests for gas, electric or otherwise if mud flaps reduce range?

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager
Has there ever been any tests for gas, electric or otherwise if mud flaps reduce range?
I think the tires in essence block the mud flaps so can’t see much wind resistance. But good question.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I think the tires in essence block the mud flaps so can’t see much wind resistance. But good question.
Those look like the same mudflaps that I installed on my 2021 Lariat. They do stick out a little bit from the sides of the wheel wells. There could be a little drag to them.

I mainly installed them to protect my powered running boards. With the fixed boards I'm a little indifferent about installing them. Let us know if you see any range drop you think is attributed to them.

Nickbommer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning xlt ordered
Occupation
IT
Thanks for Posting. Love the videos of people doing stuff to their Lightnings!

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Not for nothing, its still an elephant going down the road going at 60-80 mph. No matter how much you worry about the the drag co-efficient of the car, it still going to be around 2 kWh per mile. Ford did a number of things already just to achieve that.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
My Silverado 1500 ecodiesel still gets 30 mpg highway with the chevy mud flaps installed. I’ll be installing some on my Lightning ASAP.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
That looks really nice. Love the combo of the F150 graphic and the painted Lightning on the splash guards.

Sweet ride! Thanks for posting.
Sponsored