• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My dealer going out of business. No idea where my order will go

cag

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Police Dispatcher
Epic Ford (Everett, Washington) is closing on 5/16
My truck is scheduled for 5/23

Called ford marketing and they said talk to your dealer.
Talked to sales manager and he said it will get randomly sent to any nearby dealer.

Both parties don't seem to know what's actually going to happen. Will I lose the MSRP that I secured with Epic Ford? Do I have any choice to pick where this thing ends up? If so how?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Determine what happens to your reservation fee and order deposits, will FORD credit this to the new delivering dealer or should you get a refund from the closing dealer assuming if funds are already on their books!!

OP
OP
cag

cag

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Police Dispatcher
Determine what happens to your reservation fee and order deposits, will FORD credit this to the new delivering dealer or should you get a refund from the closing dealer assuming if funds are already on their books!!
I'm fairly comfortable my money wouldnt disappear with them.

My primary concern is who (other than me, the customer) chooses which dealer I get. What if it gets kicked to Greedy McGordon who charges me whatever!?

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd

My primary concern is who (other than me, the customer) chooses which dealer I get. What if it gets kicked to Greedy McGordon who charges me whatever!?
I know that Evergreen Ford does not have ADM - though that's pretty far South for you.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Epic Ford (Everett, Washington) is closing on 5/16
My truck is scheduled for 5/23

Called ford marketing and they said talk to your dealer.
Talked to sales manager and he said it will get randomly sent to any nearby dealer.

Both parties don't seem to know what's actually going to happen. Will I lose the MSRP that I secured with Epic Ford? Do I have any choice to pick where this thing ends up? If so how?
Harris Ford (Lynnwood) has no ADM, and their sales team is pretty responsive. You can contact Tristan Linke there and ask if there is a way for them to work with Epic to get it transferred. That might be another way to go about it. Mine should be going through there about 2 weeks earlier.

Reactions: cag

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Seen business fail/close many times in the past, I'm sure if this is a planned shutdown (retirement) there will be many unfulfilled orders and a few fulfilled on the cusp of a shut down, the MOCO will probably holdback/offset all funds net to the dissolving business.

Let us know how this turns out once you take delivery, I'm curious how it turns out and that you suffer no consequences, aside from the risk of ADM!

Last edited:

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Do u have a purchase order written up with original dealer? I'm not an attorney, but it may legally bind the purchase price. Even though the buyers order contract is with the original dealership, the dealership where the order is being transferred to is agreeing to accept the deliver transfer. By them agreeing to accept the delivery transfer, they in theory should be agreeing to the terms of the original contract.

I'd run it by an attorney if you don't get any answers by the times it's about to get shipped out from the plant.
Sponsored