• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Mine is mounted outside, no issues yet. Ofc I’m in Seattle and hasn’t been hot here.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mines inside. 60ft run of 2ga copper wire with 6ga earth. Runs great. Never an issue here
Did you have to transition to smaller wire to connect to the FCSP? The lugs are rated for #3 max.

tk44189

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
2ga fit without issue. Torquing can be a little interesting as it seems the lugs are attached overly securely. Rechecked torque after a month or so and no movement.

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
I had an electrician install with whatever was called for in the installation manual. Mounted outside garage facing east @ 2 feet above ground level. So far no issues charging at all. I do however have one issue. It will not connect to Ford pass app. I can see the unit but it tells me wrong password every time. Contacted the help line, they advised using 2.4 gHz to connect. My setup should automatically connect at that bandwidth I would think. Not sure how to resolve that issue. I will be installing one at the OC MD house as well. Will be similar setup, will see if problem persists with another unit. Really need to have one at that house as there is not a good charging choice in OC MD. Also not sure what I am missing that is important by not being able to connect. Only have charged 5 times so far at home anywhere for 17% up to 61% with no issues. I assume I am set up to 80A charging. Last charge added 203 miles in 4 hours and 51 minutes

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Hit 101F yesterday, charged overnight with no problem. Only problem is insights stopped working. Haven't tried resetting it yet tho. Might do that tonight.

Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
I had an electrician install with whatever was called for in the installation manual. Mounted outside garage facing east @ 2 feet above ground level. So far no issues charging at all. I do however have one issue. It will not connect to Ford pass app. I can see the unit but it tells me wrong password every time. Contacted the help line, they advised using 2.4 gHz to connect. My setup should automatically connect at that bandwidth I would think. Not sure how to resolve that issue. I will be installing one at the OC MD house as well. Will be similar setup, will see if problem persists with another unit. Really need to have one at that house as there is not a good charging choice in OC MD. Also not sure what I am missing that is important by not being able to connect. Only have charged 5 times so far at home anywhere for 17% up to 61% with no issues. I assume I am set up to 80A charging. Last charge added 203 miles in 4 hours and 51 minutes
Something to consider. I had the same problem with fcsp connecting. It told me the same thing as you, wrong password every time. The lower case L looks like a 1(one) and vice versa and the upper case O could be a zero. Try it different ways and see if that works for you.

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
Something to consider. I had the same problem with fcsp connecting. It told me the same thing as you, wrong password every time. The lower case L looks like a 1(one) and vice versa and the upper case O could be a zero. Try it different ways and see if that works for you.
OK, well I switched what I thought was a 1 to a lower case l and that took care of the problem. Considering I am well versed in IT it was a SMH moment.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Sponsored