• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I wasn't aware that the issues with that thing ever got fixed. I stopped trying to use it on my Lightning a long time ago and just stuck it on the back of my old Expedition.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
I wasn't aware that the issues with that thing ever got fixed. I stopped trying to use it on my Lightning a long time ago and just stuck it on the back of my old Expedition.
They did fix it. There are different harnesses you use. When we sell a kit we ask what kind of vehicle it's going on so that you get the right harness

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
No sorry it's not a turn signal. It's reverse only or you can get it with a brake option
I know, that's what I'm asking about. What I'm trying to ask is, if you put a turn signal on, does the DD light:
A) Do nothing because somehow it's only getting a brake signal?
B) Blink with one of the signals since it's tied to one of the two brake lights?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I know, that's what I'm asking about. What I'm trying to ask is, if you put a turn signal on, does the DD light:
A) Do nothing because somehow it's only getting a brake signal?
B) Blink with one of the signals since it's tied to one of the two brake lights?
No it doesn't do anything, these are not turn signals. It's a reverse kit (with an optional brake function). It has nothing to do with the turn signals actually. Sorry for the confusion.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
No it doesn't do anything, these are not turn signals. It's a reverse kit (with an optional brake function). It has nothing to do with the turn signals actually. Sorry for the confusion.
OK good. But I'm curious how they've managed to do that? There is no brake-only in the trailer light harness. And splicing into the left or right tail light is the same issue I think since brake and turn signals are combined.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
OK good. But I'm curious how they've managed to do that? There is no brake-only in the trailer light harness. And splicing into the left or right tail light is the same issue I think since brake and turn signals are combined.
Sure there is. 7-pin trailers have reverse, brake, left turn, right turn.

Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit 1707755230533

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Sure there is. 7-pin trailers have reverse, brake, left turn, right turn, running
That brake pin is for the trailer brake controller's output. The voltage will vary from 0-12 volts with the trailer brake controller's desired braking force. But I guess if DD is using a voltage boost converter or something to make use of less-than-12v, it would work as desired. Creative.
Sponsored