• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New York City

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I meant the NYS EV Tac Credit. Sorry for the confusion.
The dealer never mentioned any specific tax credits and there were no credits on the final invoice.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I don't remember seeing any point of sale rebates on either of my Ford EVs. No rebates, but my dealer tossed in a bunch of obnoxious add-ons like "maintenance" and "Window etching".

It reminds me of the things dealers did in the 80s and 90s with Polyglycoat, which was basically expensive dealer applied wax designed to protect your paint and under coating rust protection.

For those too young to remember Polyglycoat claimed you would never need to wax again. New York sued them for false advertising because "the warranty stipulates that the consumer must regularly apply a polishing compound to the entire painted surface and then buff it. ''This is indistinguishable from waxing,'' the attorney general said."

It's probably too late for me but it's good that you pointed that out so people can keep an eye on their dealer.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
It's probably too late for me but it's good that you pointed that out so people can keep an eye on their dealer.
It does appear you're too late, but get back with the dealer to see if they can do anything to amend your purchase contract and apply for the rebate, and then refund you the $500, maybe a good will rebate or compensation.

THEY should have been aware of this credit and the F&I manager should have been on point, not being on point is another reason under performing dealers should lose franchises.

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Prog...ectric-Cars-Program/How-it-Works/Consumer-FAQ

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
It does appear you're too late, but get back with the dealer to see if they can do anything to amend your purchase contract and apply for the rebate, and then refund you the $500, maybe a good will rebate or compensation.

THEY should have been aware of this credit and the F&I manager should have been on point, not being on point is another reason under performing dealers should lose franchises.

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Prog...ectric-Cars-Program/How-it-Works/Consumer-FAQ
This made me take a second look at the paperwork. They did give me a $500 rebate.

timjulius1122

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor
I’m in the Hudson valley area, so not exactly nearby, but too far. I was looking at Dana when my local dealer became very non-committal regarding their ADM plans, but I found someone up here that turned out to be good. Did Dana get many allocations? I was 11 in line up here and got in on the cleanup wave (and I do believe being 11 in line meant they used their 10 priorities-the first few waves of orders there had all reserved days or more after I did).
Congrats on connecting with a fellow truck enthusiast!
Sponsored