• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Not reversing?

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey,

just want to check have anyone shift to reverse and then step on the accelerator but nothing happen? It’s as if it’s on park.

I notice this issue once with the pro I had and now the lariat where you need to shift out of reverse and back for it to work.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Probably in the "don't reverse into things" mode, reverse park assist or whatever it's called. You can turn it off in the settings.

OP
OP

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Probably in the "don't reverse into things" mode, reverse park assist or whatever it's called. You can turn it off in the settings.
Actually in a middle of a broken U turn with nothing behind me or side.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I notice this issue once with the pro I had and now the lariat where you need to shift out of reverse and back for it to work.
I have never experienced this issue before, so you're saying move the selector to neutral or drive then back to reverse corrects the issue?

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have never experienced this issue before, so you're saying move the selector to neutral or drive then back to reverse corrects the issue?
I didn’t try neutral or drive. I just put it back on park waited one second and back to reverse again and it work.

this happen on the pro as well one time. At that time I pressed the accelerator slightly harder and attempted multiple press for a good 30 seconds to see maybe it’s some sort of delay but still don’t work. put it on park and back to reverse mode and worked.

didn’t mentioned it because thought it’s a fluke but it happened again so was wondering if anyone else experience this.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I didn’t try neutral or drive. I just put it back on park waited one second and back to reverse again and it work.

this happen on the pro as well one time. At that time I pressed the accelerator slightly harder and attempted multiple press for a good 30 seconds to see maybe it’s some sort of delay but still don’t work. put it on park and back to reverse mode and worked.

didn’t mentioned it because thought it’s a fluke but it happened again so was wondering if anyone else experience this.
Next time, have a look above the drive selector icon in the instrument cluster to see if it says "ready" above it.

You could also have a shifter unit problem that has been reported before.

OP
OP

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Next time, have a look above the drive selector icon in the instrument cluster to see if it says "ready" above it.

You could also have a shifter unit problem that has been reported before.
Didn’t pay attention to the ready on cluster because it was already in driving fine prior to attempting reverse. In fact already drove 10 miles before I attempted the broken U turn.

I guess I’ll bring it up to the dealer when I schedule for another sensor block issue I am having. But now that I know there is a shifter unit problem exist maybe that might be it. Was mainly concern for when I need to do a quick U turn to avoid traffic.

hate to be that guy that holding up traffic.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Several times, my shifter went out of whack and didn't line up with the detents. Not sure why but for a couple of weeks, it was quite annoying to get into the correct gear and I'd have to nudge it to get into reverse. The problem went away so I figured it was a software bug and not a hardware issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey,

just want to check have anyone shift to reverse and then step on the accelerator but nothing happen? It’s as if it’s on park.

Hi there! If you would like assistance with your concerns, please send over a DM With your VIN and Ford dealer info.

MTcowpoke

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many diesels and a Lightning
Occupation
Rancher
This has happened to me several times. In ranching you do some fast forward/reversing when dealing with livestock, also shifting to park while throwing the door open. Those are the times I've janked up the shifter detents. I just did it the other day and it was bugging me which got me to thinking that it always seems to correct it's self. Bingo, I retracted the shifter then raised it back up and everything was back to normal. I'm guessing a stepper motor or similar gets out of position and causes the problem. Running it through a cycle seemed to fix mine.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
This happened to me this morning leaving my house to go camping. Again at electrify America after charging for my last stop before hitting the trails. But, I got this nasty wrench saying service engine soon. Since I got left stranded before I decided to turn back and will go out tomorrow morning in my Bronco.

Ford F-150 Lightning Not reversing? IMG_7615
Sponsored