• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Full View Not Available" still sucks - still not fixed.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
@Ford Motor Company
Please remove the obstructing "Full View Not Available" label on the screen when looking at the rear-camera. The thing I am attempting to view IS obstructed by this obnoxious message.

In the most recent example, I was hauling some brush and yard waste in a utility trialer. One of the items was an old dried up Christmas tree from last year that I was concerned may blow out of the trailer. The camera would be a perfect way to check on the trailer cargo in this example, EXCEPT the message made it so I could not really see what I needed to see.

People have been complaigning about this software "defect"for a long time.

Please fix it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
If you can't remove it for regulatory reasons, can it please just be moved *anywhere* else? Maybe a corner? Maybe in smaller font? Anything?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
@Ford Motor Company
Please remove the obstructing "Full View Not Available" label on the screen when looking at the rear-camera. The thing I am attempting to view IS obstructed by this obnoxious message.

In the most recent example, I was hauling some brush and yard waste in a utility trialer. One of the items was an old dried up Christmas tree from last year that I was concerned may blow out of the trailer. The camera would be a perfect way to check on the trailer cargo in this example, EXCEPT the message made it so I could not really see what I needed to see.

People have been complaigning about this software "defect"for a long time.

Please fix it.
I keep wondering if this is some sort of regulatory thing, but the funny thing is they do allow the bed camera, which is nowhere near as sharp or wide as the tailgate camera.

Assuming there is some regulatory reason, I think it should at least be available while parked or while driving under 5mph.

Sponsored

JimmyG45

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2033 Lariat Std Battery
Occupation
Retired Diagnostic Software Engineer
I'm new to this Forum (first post) I've had my lighting for about a month. One of my biggest complaint is the "Full View Not Available" message on the rear view camera when in Drive. I'm surprised that I don't see more complaints about this. I was hoping to use it a substitute rear view mirror for when I have something in the bed that blocks the rear window and the bed camera. I can't imagine it is a regulatory thing as suggested, but if it is, it should only come on for a few seconds and then go away.
And what does it mean anyway? The only thing that makes the full view not available is the message blocking the view! Strangely I see complaints about not being able to turnoff the rear view camera while driving, with no comment about it being useless anyway. This leads me to believe It does not affect all Lightnings. Form the few complaints I've found I think this may predate the Lightning and just be a F-150 issue.
Frustrated.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
There is supposedly a way to turn off in Forscan. I bought the cable just to remove that message. Have not got around to messing with it yet, but saw the message just again today and was annoyed. Maybe will have tome to mess with it over the holiday break.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I'm surprised that I don't see more complaints about this.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Complaining in this forum is preaching to the choir. Ford does have a social media account that monitors in here, so I'm sure they have the feedback. Better to find a way to contact ford via call or email to complain about it. Or, if you have it, use that feedback audio button to tell them how you feel.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
This is available to remove in Forscan and Iā€™ve done it. I believe itā€™s in the Forscan thread.

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
If you can't remove it for regulatory reasons, can it please just be moved *anywhere* else? Maybe a corner? Maybe in smaller font? Anything?

Donā€™t think itā€™s regulatory. My 23-f350 allows me to view the back cargo area while driving. It amazes me the same company has different software for different trucks. Every truck /car should have exact same screens for viewing - unless their package / vehicle isnā€™t equipped , but shouldnā€™t be different if both vehicles are equipped.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
There is supposedly a way to turn off in Forscan. I bought the cable just to remove that message. Have not got around to messing with it yet, but saw the message just again today and was annoyed. Maybe will have tome to mess with it over the holiday break.
There is. I fixed mine with FORScan.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
@Ford Motor Company
Besides an Over The Air update for removing "Full View not Available" on the rear camera display, which makes Ford look idiotic:

Can we have the display of the front camera come on when the shift lever is first put into Drive? This would be handy for seeing things right in front of the hood, but out of sight from the driver's seat, when starting off.

The other item I would like to have available for selection is the wider view of the rear view camera(s?) compared to the narrow view given when put into Reverse. Our Honda CR-V gives a much wider and better view, even with its 8" screen.

Also, need some AI (artificial intelligence) to recognize hazards seen by the cameras and call them out - of course that might require more computing power. My computing power seems to be decreasing.
Sponsored