• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thank you @Just-another-guy for sharing the information about the first AT tires we've seen delivered on the production Lightning. Tires are Hankook Dynapro AT2 - 275/60R20 115T.

The 115T load rating works out to be:
  • 115 is 2679 pounds of carrying capacity
  • T is the speed rating which is up to 118 MPH.

Picture is also from @Just-another-guy

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning AT tire info - Hankook Dynapro AT2 Lightning Dynapro AT2 tire
Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I guess that will be what I am getting. Looks good enough.

Reactions: GDN

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Tirerack shows these as 32.8" and 634 RPM- was really hoping to swap the AS on mine to the Toyo Open Countrys which are soooo close in terms of specs, but ACTUAL 33"s and 630 RPMs. Hope dealership is trained up enough on the new software to help make that adjustment...

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning AT tire info - Hankook Dynapro AT2 1654212395782

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning AT tire info - Hankook Dynapro AT2 1654212432168

Was looking primarily at tire weight and ratings

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Tirerack shows these as 32.8" and 634 RPM- was really hoping to swap the AS on mine to the Toyo Open Countrys which are soooo close in terms of specs, but ACTUAL 33"s and 630 RPMs. Hope dealership is trained up enough on the new software to help make that adjustment...

1654212395782.png

1654212432168.png

Was looking primarily at tire weight and ratings
I would take a stab at the adjustment being exactly the same process.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I didn't realize how many people had ordered with the AT tires. I was thinking I had become a unicorn for a while. However, there are 173 VIN's in @TaxmanHog's spreadsheet. Exactly 100 have the standard tire and 73 have the AT tire, so a bit over 40% are taking the AT tire.

If you aren't aware the tire changes the weight rating and the 4th character of the VIN changes from a 6 (standard tire) to a V for the AT tires.

I'm not unhappy by looking at the tread, but I am hoping it also as quiet as the standard tire is being reported.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The tread is much milder than other Dynapro AT2.
Looks like the tread for Goodyear Wrangler highway all season.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I didn't realize how many people had ordered with the AT tires. I was thinking I had become a unicorn for a while. However, there are 173 VIN's in @TaxmanHog's spreadsheet. Exactly 100 have the standard tire and 73 have the AT tire, so a bit over 40% are taking the AT tire.

If you aren't aware the tire changes the weight rating and the 4th character of the VIN changes from a 6 (standard tire) to a V for the AT tires.

I'm not unhappy by looking at the tread, but I am hoping it also as quiet as the standard tire is being reported.
SR battery trucks also have the lower gvwr. Position 8 tells you the battery/drive motor configuration. ER =V, SR =L.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I'm willing to bet there was zero uptake on the AT tires in Canada...$1000 option...
I have AT tires (KO2) on the 2008 f150 I have now and honestly I'm not a fan as the traction sucks on the road! Maybe it has to do with me being used to an AWD SUV though as I've only been driving the truck for 2 months (my car was a total loss in an accident that wasn't my fault).
The one reason that I will never get AT tires on the Lightning is that I live on a gravel driveway. All I ever hear is "click, click, click" going down the road and random rocks flying out due to them getting stuck in the tread.

Mdesigns

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning, 2014 CLS550 Eurocharged
Occupation
Designer/builder
I'm willing to bet there was zero uptake on the AT tires in Canada...$1000 option...
I have AT tires (KO2) on the 2008 f150 I have now and honestly I'm not a fan as the traction sucks on the road! Maybe it has to do with me being used to an AWD SUV though as I've only been driving the truck for 2 months (my car was a total loss in an accident that wasn't my fault).
The one reason that I will never get AT tires on the Lightning is that I live on a gravel driveway. All I ever hear is "click, click, click" going down the road and random rocks flying out due to them getting stuck in the tread.
I went with the standard tires on my Canadian Lightning Lariat ER. $100.00 upgrade in the US versus $1000.00 in Canada is insane! I figure I can put the money saved towards some winter tires instead.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I went with the standard tires on my Canadian Lightning Lariat ER. $100.00 upgrade in the US versus $1000.00 in Canada is insane! I figure I can put the money saved towards some winter tires instead.
Yeah, that is crazy. From online reviews (Tire Rack) the A/S tires are betting in the snow than the A/T anyways.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Dammit. I had heard that these were going to be the tires on my truck. Oh well.

Had a set of these on my '15 F-150 and they're reasonably good on roads until it snows. Then they flippin' suck.

I'm debating getting a set of studded Nokian snow tires vs. a set of Nokian Outlaws which are Mountain/Snowflake rated. I love Nokians and have had several sets of them.

Not like I do a lot of off roading, but I like an aggressive, capable tire on my trucks. Just disappointed.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Yea I did the same thing. I would rather get dedicated winter tires. Plus I don't really like A/T tires since I have a gravel driveway. Have KO2 tires on the truck I'm driving now and they pick up rocks like no tomorrow with some getting stuck and all I hear going down the road is "click, click, click".

If you really wanted AT in Canada, we would be better off just getting the AS tire and buying a set of AT - it would be like getting $1k off so it would only cost a few hundred for a second set

baker158

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are these stamped with a 3PMSF as well? Or is this a completely different tyre than the Dynapro AT2 that tirerack has a test video of?

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
They are not 3pmsf. Not sure about the video, but it seems TireRack lumps all the reviews together for all the variations.

They look like all season tires, ride great on the highway and do fine on dirt roads. The AT option also lowers GVWR. I wish I had skipped this option and bought snows or real AT tires if/when I needed them. Looking at the Pirellis that are made for the Rivian for when these wear out.
Sponsored