• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required

JerEazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Harley, and Lightning incoming
Ford went ahead and put the lightning mud flaps on easy mode. No more drilling anything. Just some tabs, clips and bolts. All 4 corners took less than an hour. You fold the tabs inside the body and push the clips on. They are tight, but will monitor over time.

I post this because the ford online install instructions still have you drilling holes. So if you’re considering them, drop the $100 and go for it. Easy stuff
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3038
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3036
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3039
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3041
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3040
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Sweet! Thanks for letting us know they are out there.

OP
OP

JerEazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also noticed an install error after checking those pictures. Sharp things pointing at tires don’t look right. This is better.

to cover the screw to clean it up grab the rubber piece off of a dremel sanding attachment and twist it on there. All done
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3044
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3045

Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Mudflap Design update (maybe?). No more drilling required IMG_3043

Sponsored
OP
OP

JerEazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure what's new, I installed my Ford OEM mudflaps last January and no drilling was required. As far as I know, drilling was never required.
very possible - not sure when it would have changed. But when I scanned the QR on the pack there were instructions for marking and drilling. And the body has dimples where that would be.

So it looked like an update. Apologize if it’s always been this way. I was just ready to drill and happy I didn’t have to.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Yes, I LIKE the raised "lightning" on the (Front) (Rear) set. & the Blue highlight just sets it off!

turbato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium ER, 2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Security
very possible - not sure when it would have changed. But when I scanned the QR on the pack there were instructions for marking and drilling. And the body has dimples where that would be.

So it looked like an update. Apologize if it’s always been this way. I was just ready to drill and happy I didn’t have to.

There are two sets of instructions for Lightning splash guard. You were probably looking at the non-molded ones that require drilling previous. Ford has not made any changes to the molded design one.

Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
If anyone is willing to pay shipping I have a pair of oem lightning mudflaps. I’m not sure if they’re front or back. If interested I’ll dig them out of the garage and let you know for sure. Ford sent an extra pair when I ordered mine.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
If anyone is willing to pay shipping I have a pair of oem lightning mudflaps. I’m not sure if they’re front or back. If interested I’ll dig them out of the garage and let you know for sure. Ford sent an extra pair when I ordered mine.
DMing you,
Sponsored