• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealership will NOT sell ordered Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Call around to local TV station. They love this kind of stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
What do you mean "he wanted to try to keep it"? Does you dad want to resell it?

What I have found is that anyone that is serious about keeping an ev has the charger wiring installed well before truck arrival. Does you dad have the ev wiring for the charger installed? (I realize there are exceptions with SunRun)
He wanted to buy the truck, see if it would work with his lifestyle (charger availability, etc.), and then know his options before purchasing.

I don't know that the having wiring installed prior has anything to do with being able to purchase an ordered vehicle, but, yes, we installed a 100a subpanel in preparation for the truck so he could use the 80a charger.

OP
OP

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I called the sales manager again to see if we could make any progress and he stated, the "vehicle is no longer there". They've either moved it to another dealership or sold it. He wouldn't say.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I called the sales manager again to see if we could make any progress and he stated, the "vehicle is no longer there". They've either moved it to another dealership or sold it. He wouldn't say.
Id ask to speak to someone else higher up if he wont talk to you. If they wont let you show up in person and calmy ask to speak to them, the sales manager will not want you making a scene on the floor so just stay reasonable and explain your trying to help your dad get his truck he has waited over a year for. If they wont work with you I would make as much noise as you can. Local media, make sure to tweet to Farley (and other higher ups, cant remember the names) and tag the dealership.
@Ford Motor Company people shouldnt be running into these issues.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I would be stunned if the Lightning he ordered in June 2021 is already at his dealership.

How did he manage to jump ahead of over a 100,000 plus earlier reservations?
He ordered 6/30/22. It’s October. 3.5 months from order to delivery is not unreasonable.

Sponsored

Remi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2023 Lightning Lariat
He ordered 6/30/22. It’s October. 3.5 months from order to delivery is not unreasonable.
Yep, I meant to say he RESERVED in June 2021 which puts him behind a huge number of reservations.

And Texas is not a ZEV state.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Wouldn't that make it a Dealer mannequin? I thought all special orders were green.
Fleet orders also come on blue stickers, but that's not the case here, so F001 is definitely the Demo, some kind of bait and switch going on here?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This situation goes against the spirit / directives of FoMoCo to all EV certified dealers @Ford Motor Company

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Does you dad want to resell it?

What I have found is that anyone that is serious about keeping an ev has the charger wiring installed well before truck arrival.
Well, I suppose I'm the exception that (dis)proves the rule?
I have no plans or intentions to get rid of mine (expect delivery within the next couple of weeks). I also have no charger installed, nor do I have any plans to install one (for now).

I'm still figuring s-it out, there's two free charges near my work, there's one near my home (all within a 5 min walk). I work from home most of the time and might not need overnight charging capabilities. This is not my forever home, it was built in the 20s and the electrical setup isn't the best. So I'm simply going to see how/if things work out before I invest in a larger panel / home charger.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Something about this story isn't adding up:

For them to be able to order in a non-ZEV state with a June reservation, they would have to have gotten a priority bump from their dealer. Dealers don't treat their priority customers this way...

Blue sticker implies dealer mannequin or dealer stock (I think), either of which isn't a customer order...

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
All I have to say is that if it turns out that this dealership actually did take the customer ordered truck and refused to sell it to that customer.
I hope Ford withholds all allocation of new super dutys.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance

For them to be able to order in a non-ZEV state with a June reservation, they would have to have gotten a priority bump from their dealer. Dealers don't treat their priority customers this way...

Blue sticker implies dealer mannequin or dealer stock (I think), either of which isn't a customer order...
Yea highly skeptical here. June order, non ZEV state, blue sticker. Maybe dealer promised one of their stock and wasn’t happy that the customer wouldn’t sign the resale agreement.

OP
OP

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Summary:

It's amazing how different an experience this has been with his attempted purchase vs. my purchase (build week 7/11).

I walked in on delivery day and spent a total of maybe one hour, and only 10 minutes of that was paperwork. The other 50 was looking the truck over and people talking about how jealous they were.

If you're at all uncertain if you're going to be retaining your Lightning, don't let your dealership become aware of it. I don't want to create angst or uneasiness, but apparently a custom ordered vehicle can be sold to whoever the dealer wants without any real ramifications. Hopefully the official complaint to @Ford Motor Company will be somewhat productive, but the truck is already gone for my dad. Even if the local news media descended on the dealership, there's no truck to sell to him anymore.

OP
OP

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning

I'm not going to delve into the Ford reservation/invitation to order system, it's not perfect, but he got invited to order and he did order. I posted a screen shot of it earlier.

It's not a blue sticker, I'm not posting the VIN or window sticker, but it's a green sticker, customer ordered.

All I have to say is that if it turns out that this dealership actually did take the customer ordered truck and refused to sell it to that customer.
I hope Ford withholds all allocation of new super dutys.
I hope there's some sort of consequence.
Yea highly skeptical here. June order, non ZEV state, blue sticker. Maybe dealer promised one of their stock and wasn’t happy that the customer wouldn’t sign the resale agreement.

Then again, Texas is a shithole.
Again, customer ordered.

Thanks for your constructive comments. He wasn't ever actually offered the resale agreement to sign, when the documents were requested, the dealer decided not to sell. Again, detailed in the previous posts.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm not going to delve into the Ford reservation/invitation to order system, it's not perfect, but he got invited to order and he did order. I posted a screen shot of it earlier.

It's not a blue sticker, I'm not posting the VIN or window sticker, but it's a green sticker, customer ordered.
Ok, good luck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.