• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well - I'm on a roll. Out at lunch, came back home and I now have 3.5.4, just after receiving 3.5.3 yesterday. (I have my Automatic updates turned on and to apply at 1 PM).

Today the truck has no notes on the Software Update screen, but I have the FordPass notification. It notes October 20 for the update, version 3.5.4 and new features. It notes these features may have been previously received and this in an enhancement. I believe these features are part of the 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 releases that my truck did not receive back in August. If you recall some got 3 or 4 releases in a row. I only got one of those and then jumped to 3.5.2. So it looks as if those older releases are being repackaged perhaps.

Hoping this is in preparation for PAAK.

Here are the release notes from FordPass.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload C3946D5C-7B1A-417D-9080-3D05E03E4939

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload 19AE4C93-BBC8-4CF6-9EB6-F2272B8D387D
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Awesome..... You are an early build like me. (my blend date was 5/20).. I'm guessing neither of these updates added PAAK?

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Awesome..... You are an early build like me. (my blend date was 5/20).. I'm guessing neither of these updates added PAAK?
Still no PAAK. I'm hoping this is just getting things ready.

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
I got this update and the one yesterday. I am in Early Access.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have a 9/12 build and got a notice yesterday that I now have 3.5.2. Not sure what it was before that. But I have always had PAAK - works great-mostly. So is PAAK really tied to these Powerup updates or would it be another module update?

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I’m getting real close to buying an FDRS setup. The rate of these updates has been really slow. At minimum they should have rolled out PaaK to all of the eligible trucks by now.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I have a 9/12 build and got a notice yesterday that I now have 3.5.2. Not sure what it was before that. But I have always had PAAK - works great-mostly. So is PAAK really tied to these Powerup updates or would it be another module update?
The modules and SW to make PAAK work became available in late July and trucks built after that time have them from the factory. Those of us built before then are waiting on them to be pushed and updated. The SW modules are sitting out in FDRS land, but Ford hasn't made them part of a PowerUp and pushed them out. We keep waiting and wondering why.

PowerUp updates started in late July/early August and they put out 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4. A few people got them all and got some new functionality, some of us only got one or two.

Then 3.5.2 came along and then a dry spell.

You have to look at the ICE trucks too - they just started getting 3.5.X a few weeks ago and they are getting things that we've always had, like Alexa, expandable CarPlay and the new darker rendering engine for the screen. So their UI should have all the same features we have and now look the same.

Out of the blue now 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 started dropping to the Lightnigns, but from the descriptions they are repackaged versions of the 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4. It seems with these almost every 2021 and 2022 F-150 will now have the same software.

This we hope now puts us on a course to get the SW including PAAK that has been for new trucks since late July.

May be a couple of wrong numbers in there, but I think that is a decent overview of the Lightning SW and how we match up to the ICE trucks.

You can throw the MachE in there as well. Likely the same code base, but they have a few different numbers in the same range and they have earlier cars getting some updates that weren't available the first year.

Ford is improving it here, or so it seems. It has taken them a bit of time to get it together.

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
If the truck hardware is the same, and the software is the same, how do some trucks have PaaK and some don't?

Seems like the software version number is just like the temp gauges on the dash.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If the truck hardware is the same, and the software is the same, how do some trucks have PaaK and some don't?

Seems like the software version number is just like the temp gauges on the dash.
I don't disagree, but I think there had to be other modules that may have needed to be updated first and they have just juggled several priorities.

This is my thought process. The ICE truck SW was abominable and several trucks were bricked last year with SW. However the Lightning was steaming ahead and they needed SW developers to get things wrapped up so they ignored ICE and literally those guys had nothing for over a year while they got 95% of the Lightning SW working, enough for production to start (no PAAK).

Once Lightning started production, they went back and focused on the ICE problems as there were many. They got the ICE truck SW sorted out after a few months and started pushing updates for them. Then went back and got PAAK for the Lightning working in July and started putting it in new trucks. The last few months have been spent merging the SW and getting some of the newer updates in the Lightning retrofitted into ICE after getting their major problems fixed.

We are now just about 100% leveled with the exception of PAAK to older Lightnings. I would guess that should be coming along in just the next couple of weeks now.

No inside information, just watching the process and knowing what has happened with ICE, etc I think helps paint the picture.

Sponsored

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I feel silly asking but how do I check which version I have? When I go into About Sync it says software version 22125_product and revision 428.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I feel silly asking but how do I check which version I have? When I go into About Sync it says software version 22125_product and revision 428.
Ford doesn't make this easy. The numbers discussed in most of these threads are the PowerUp version numbers. These numbers aren't any part of those "official" "About Sync" version numbers which you have. The Software updates screen will sometimes show the details from the last PowerUp your truck received, but not always. Check there.

I need to get in the habit of checking the actual Sync version, but most of these updates don't change that number either. I believe that is just the SW in the APIM. Many of these other updates and PowerUps just update other modules.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I’m on 3.5.4, still haven’t figured out pro-power from the phone yet.

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Ford doesn't make this easy. The numbers discussed in most of these threads are the PowerUp version numbers. These numbers aren't any part of those "official" "About Sync" version numbers which you have. The Software updates screen will sometimes show the details from the last PowerUp your truck received, but not always. Check there.

I need to get in the habit of checking the actual Sync version, but most of these updates don't change that number either. I believe that is just the SW in the APIM. Many of these other updates and PowerUps just update other modules.
Thank you. The only update I have gotten since I got the truck 3 weeks ago was the "you are ready for updates" message. Anything I can try to kick start the update process? I have connected to home wifi, set automatic updates every day at 1 am, etc.
Sponsored