• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Out of Spec EV range test - Lightning/Cybertruck/R1T/Silverado

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
For those getting 1.8 at 70 envious of those getting 2.1 - it’s almost always going to be wind speed and direction.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I’m thinking it’s wind.
So if you live in an area prone to wind (Midwest) don’t forget to check wind forecast and direction before you set out.
100%

I wasn't surprised by the range loss to a headwind, but have been a little surprised by how much can be lost to a crosswind. Here in the middle of the country driving I-70 it's not unusual at all to have a 20mph+ crosswind and it just saps range.

The other impact many don't factor is that we tend to have much less traffic in most places here and traffic is your friend in an EV. Lots of vehicles on your route create wind tunnels along the way. I'm often pushing the wind by myself.
Heck, I wish my Lightning charged a lot faster.
I really wish the pack voltage was up around 400V. We'd get 200kW speeds at peak and likely maintain +150kW speeds most of the way through the curve. It would be a game-changer if Ford could have maintained the same curve shape at higher voltages.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Expand on this achievement, please.
Over 40k miles, lifted, AT tires on less than 20 offset wheels, up and down hills 70 mph avg. 2.1, 150 + miles a day.

Only thing I have as an advantage is weather where I’m anywhere from 35 to 100 depending on the season.

With stocks my avg was 2.3 over 20k miles and a lift.

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2023 Lightning, 2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Same trucks in a towing test Over the Colorado Rockies (mountains, not the baseball team). A short summary and long story. Pick what you have time for.

Sponsored