• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
The baby seats😂

Funny review- understandable bias with his love of his Rivian. Nice review for very limited time in borrowed vehicles. Nice to see all three parked next to each other you realize just how big an F150 is in comparison. Kind of difficult for the lightning to flex in backseat room with three child seats strapped in😂😂

Looking forward to more of these comparisons- very cool

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
great comparison. today's lightning stacks up great but if ford gets the gen2 lightning right with faster dc charging and better software it'll be the clear "all around truck" winner.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I understand the base desire to 'compare', and maybe even more, 'correct' other owners because we 'know' our LIGHTNING is 'the best'... of course, but, these are not apples to apples comparisons, as the STYLE and TYPE and SIZE and WEIGHT and USAGE of all three 'vehicles' are for different demographics, purposes, and all that. I'll never own a Cybertruck, because, after all, I'm not looking to 'stick out' in the crowd... but, of course, some are. I don't like the smallish size and lack of power output of the Rivian... and the price, but, that's just me. No ONE single company can make the only SINGLE truck any of us will want to purchase, or drive, or be seen driving.

I don't do these same comparisons with the F150 versus the Silverado versus the RAM, either. They all have 'something' to offer their customers who love them. And, they all have shortfalls if critical comparisons are made for various different 'comparisons'. You could do the same with comparing the PRO vs the XLT versus the Lariat versus the Platinum, if you must. Don't.

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Very fair comparison on all parts.
If you want to stick out in a crowd- Cybertruck
If you want an enthusiast driving experience- Rivian
if you want a truck that you can equally work in, move stuff, tow, and have room for the family- Lightning..

Sometimes the "boring choice" is also the best choice.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
The baby seats😂

Funny review- understandable bias with his love of his Rivian. Nice review for very limited time in borrowed vehicles. Nice to see all three parked next to each other you realize just how big an F150 is in comparison. Kind of difficult for the lightning to flex in backseat room with three child seats strapped in😂😂

Looking forward to more of these comparisons- very cool
Maybe I’m biased as well, but I actually thought he was pretty fair in the review.

Between the Lightning and the R1T, I’d have to agree with him 100% based on my own experiences

I’d sum it up this way, if I’m hauling a family I’m taking the Lightning. If it’s just me, I’m taking the Rivian…and if I’m blind I’ll take the CT

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Mentions the versatility of the F150 standardized bed for which there are literally hundreds of manufactures making accessories. Toppers, covers, liners, rugs, dividers, campers, bike racks, ladder racks, long material racks, kayak and canoe racks, tool boxes, fuel tanks, dog kennels, drawer systems, tailgates, extenders.
Rivian and Tesla will have a much smaller ecosystem of accessories that fit.

Realtruck.com brags that they have 1 million accessories. Some large portion of those are going to fit the Ford Lightning's 5.5' bed and interior of the cab. A much smaller fraction of those will be customized for the Rivian and CT.

(edited to correct my missing a key point in the video)

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Nobody ever mentions the versatility of the F150 standardized bed for which there are literally hundreds of manufactures making accessories. Toppers, covers, liners, rugs, dividers, campers, bike racks, ladder racks, long material racks, kayak and canoe racks, tool boxes, fuel tanks, dog kennels, drawer systems, tailgates, extenders.
Rivian and Tesla will have a much smaller ecosystem of accessories that fit.

Realtruck.com brags that they have 1 million accessories. Some large portion of those are going to fit the Ford Lightning's 5.5' bed and interior of the cab. A much smaller fraction of those will be customized for the Rivian and CT.
He mentions exactly that in the video..

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I still love how the cybertruck looks. It's got some incredible features with the 48v accessory architecture, and steer by wire. But I feel like it made some concessions of design over function.

Having 3 car seats in the back of the Lightning speaks for itself. It's the best electric minivan on the market right now. Sometimes you have to be practical over being cool (Lightning still has some cool styling though).

I'm sure people like their Rivians, but it's too small for my needs, so I never truly considered it.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Very fair comparison on all parts.
If you want to stick out in a crowd- Cybertruck
If you want an enthusiast driving experience- Rivian
if you want a truck that you can equally work in, move stuff, tow, and have room for the family- Lightning..

Sometimes the "boring choice" is also the best choice.
Very true.

Any of the 3 are good options, depending on use case.
IMO, and I had/have reservations for all 3, is that no one is "better" than the other. Just different.

The only thing I would say about the Cybertruck (reservation holder Nov 2019) is that it really is not an option for a typical purchaser. Unless they put in a reservation years ago. Otherwise, if they have no reservation, they can really only buy the Rivian or the Lightning.

All 3 have similar range. All 3 are a bit pricey. Pick one, and enjoy.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
A Tool, a Toy and a Triangle.

Nothing out there beats the value of my Pro.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
The Lightning is a normal looking full size truck, functions like a typical F150, and gets access to the Tesla network for road tripping. How can you beat that? If you're lucky enough to land an ER Pro, you've got the best EV on the road today; a 300 mile range truck with all the creature comforts you'd expect for $45k.

Last edited:

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I have repeatedly complained that Kyle's videos are always 40% too long (and unnecessarily so) - filled with extraneous commentary and repeated observations. Heck, I unsubscribed because I was tired of having my time wasted. But credit where credit is due: This video was ok - a lot of stuff covered in a reasonable period of time. Also, I think, a fair assessment.

As someone who (as a Day 1 reservation holder) got his 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SR for roughly $42K (after destination, but before taxes, title, etc.), I believe I drive the best value in a real, working truck - with any powertrain - in the world. I have all of the features that make the Lightning the best version of the F-150, and I didn't pay for all the fluff in the highest trims.
Sponsored