• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

P0B24 Voltage Unstable

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
2022 Lariat ER with an August 22 build date
Not sure if it matters compared to build date, but for the record, how many miles on your truck? (One of the items I am tracking in the spreadsheet (in my signature) of battery fails).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Weather Dawg

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
Not sure if it matters compared to build date, but for the record, how many miles on your truck? (One of the items I am tracking in the spreadsheet (in my signature) of battery fails).
About 20,500 miles

OP
OP
Weather Dawg

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just added that to the dashboard. 5.4%, min value 3.95 volts, variation of 0.11 volts
Dropped off my truck this morning after driving over to the dealership. They are going to look at it today and reach back out tomorrow with an update. On the drive over to the dealership, I noticed that my stats were worse:

• HV SOC Module Variation - 7.96%
  • 0.16 V Variation

OP
OP
Weather Dawg

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This experience is not going well so far. Waited a week to get an appointment with a local dealer, then dropped off at 7 AM Monday morning. Now mid-day Thursday and they have not even looked at the truck yet. It has just sat for 3.5 days. There is another dealer close by. Think that I may give them a call to see if they can look at it. Really don't want to wait weeks for a diagnosis only to have to wait even more weeks for parts, etc. On top of all that, no loaner was available so I am going with just a single vehicle for our family of 4. Really frustrating...

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
we're all eventually gonna suffer this fate 😕
That's awfully pessimistic.

I'm going to keep this truck for 10 years and I expect some degredation but no failures. If a module fails then I'll replace it.

The warranty of 8 years, 100k miles is confidence inspiring and you shouldn't worry.

What you should worry about is finding a good dealer, that's going to make the experience.

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
That's awfully pessimistic.

I'm going to keep this truck for 10 years and I expect some degredation but no failures. If a module fails then I'll replace it.

The warranty of 8 years, 100k miles is confidence inspiring and you shouldn't worry.

What you should worry about is finding a good dealer, that's going to make the experience.

I think Ford will extend that warranty for full failures in the future or told they need to. (Not degradation)

As the percentage of affected vehicles are growing, it is only time the NTSB or state AGs take on the concern.

Even if they bill it as a free “maintenance plan” with a deductible or prorated value, it would add a lot of reassurance to the current owners, but more importantly future owners that Ford stands behind the quality of their product.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
This experience is not going well so far. Waited a week to get an appointment with a local dealer, then dropped off at 7 AM Monday morning. Now mid-day Thursday and they have not even looked at the truck yet. It has just sat for 3.5 days. There is another dealer close by. Think that I may give them a call to see if they can look at it. Really don't want to wait weeks for a diagnosis only to have to wait even more weeks for parts, etc. On top of all that, no loaner was available so I am going with just a single vehicle for our family of 4. Really frustrating...
If you haven't yet, you could call the Ford BEV hotline and see what kind of support they can provide. I seem to recall reading they have helped with rentals when a battery module goes south.

OP
OP
Weather Dawg

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well nothing like a couple more phone calls to get the ball moving. It seems that they just suck at communicating unfortunately. Got the Service Manager on the phone just now. He was able to confirm that the cell report showed a bad cell in module #7. They ordered a new module and necessary parts and they should arrive next week. Also have on order all of the CSP and Recall parts that they did not have. Likely looking at the end of the month to get the truck back. Will be a race between getting my truck back and the Tesla adapter (April date on that).

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
Not truck related, but I lived in Athens for years and miss the music scene.
And Cali 'n Titos 🌮

OP
OP
Weather Dawg

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not truck related, but I lived in Athens for years and miss the music scene.
And Cali 'n Titos 🌮
Ate at Cali's last weekend! I used to go back when they had the bus on the side of the hill during my college days.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Well nothing like a couple more phone calls to get the ball moving. It seems that they just suck at communicating unfortunately. Got the Service Manager on the phone just now. He was able to confirm that the cell report showed a bad cell in module #7. They ordered a new module and necessary parts and they should arrive next week. Also have on order all of the CSP and Recall parts that they did not have. Likely looking at the end of the month to get the truck back. Will be a race between getting my truck back and the Tesla adapter (April date on that).
Ford is supposed to cover a rental if they can't get you a loaner. I'd keep pressing about that. Fingers crossed the parts come in as expected.