• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning Pack of Lightnings spotted on the way to delivery in Chicago area 1159715E-CE4F-41B2-8E7D-1557C1E3078F

Spotted a pack of lightnings in the wild on the way to their new homes… 5 of you in the Chicagoland area are about to be happy.

Don’t worry I was using BlueCruise when I took the picture :)
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Chicago land is in hotshot & convoy range of the Rouge plant, they might be expediting more with this method of transport where it's cost effective, good for the expectant Lightning owners of these trucks.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Chicago land is in hotshot & convoy range of the Rouge plant, they might be expediting more with this method of transport where it's cost effective, good for the expectant Lightning owners of these trucks.
I’m in Texas and my sticker says Convoy, I’m assuming that means it’s going the whole way from factory by truck?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I’m in Texas and my sticker says Convoy, I’m assuming that means it’s going the whole way from factory by truck?
Not necessarily.

My truck to Oregon said convoy and it definitely spent most of its time on rail.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Interesting. I wonder if Ford is prioritizing Lightning deliveries. You don’t typically see a car hauler with only one model.
When I was at the factory, they talked about the shipping process.

The factory is right next to the rail tracks, so most of them start on a rail car. However, unlike other factories, this factory ONLY makes Lightnings, so every rail car or trailer that leaves is all Lightnings.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The factory is right next to the rail tracks, so most of them start on a rail car. However, unlike other factories, this factory ONLY makes Lightnings, so every rail car or trailer that leaves is all Lightnings.
Not necessarily. The ICE F150 plant is next door and they share storage lots and rail heads on the Rouge site.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I live in Chicago and my truck said convoy, but it still took a train ride from Michigan down to a rail yard about a 60-minute drive south if the city.

Glad to see more Lightnings rolling out this way, but it means mine will be a special unicorn around here much longer.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I live in Chicago and my truck said convoy, but it still took a train ride from Michigan down to a rail yard about a 60-minute drive south if the city.

Glad to see more Lightnings rolling out this way, but it means mine will be a special unicorn around here much longer.
I don't doubt your experience and that's probably the rule, but we have seen exceptions.

Possibly what we're seeing in the OP photos is a local convoy run from the rail yard you're mentioning.

Last edited:

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Mine was rail from Michigan to Mesquite. Then truck to dealer.
Sponsored