• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Painted tow hooks?

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I have the covers from post #7 (see profile pic or my other posts). They look pretty good and will provide some small measure of protection, but in my eyes, the best part about the covers as opposed to paint, is that the covers are quite a bit larger than the layer of paint or dip you might otherwise apply, and it makes the tow hooks look thicker. The metal Ford uses for the stock tow loops is fairly thin; these reduce the 'anemia' and make them look good. Yes, I agree that a Ford Blue (Atlas) or the lighter Lightning Blue would be great colors for the company to add, but the red looks great too.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks. I was curious if they simply slide on or adhered with something sticky. I was able to watch the video they slide on the original tow hooks. I guess my question was more or less whether you fear they'll fall off whilst driving.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Thanks. I was curious if they simply slide on or adhered with something sticky. I was able to watch the video they slide on the original tow hooks. I guess my question was more or less whether you fear they'll fall off whilst driving.
I think there is almost zero chance they'd fall off. The silicone is stiffly molded into the shape of the hooks, and fits pretty accurately, with the open part (just a small 'slice') facing downward. You'd have to snag it on something substantial for it to pull up and off, and at that point, you've got bigger issues than $35 covers...

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
ok thanks for the info.

Sponsored