• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Passenger Side Lariat ‘emblem door’ blew off

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I was at a touchless car wash tonight and had the passenger side lariat emblem door blow off. Unsure if it happened during the power wash cycle or the high powered air dry cycle. Only water pressure and air pressure. I realized it when I got home, thankfully it was still in the car wash stall upon my return. It looks undamaged. Has anyone else had this experience? Does it just snap back in?

Ford F-150 Lightning Passenger Side Lariat ‘emblem door’ blew off IMG_5134

Ford F-150 Lightning Passenger Side Lariat ‘emblem door’ blew off IMG_5137

Ford F-150 Lightning Passenger Side Lariat ‘emblem door’ blew off IMG_5136
Sponsored

OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
It looks like the backing to it also fell off, can you check the empty space to see if it is still in there?

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/other-body-related-parts-general/fender-emblem-name-plate-right-(bev-lariat-series)-p-nl3z16720ba
ugh... no additional parts in the fender or at the car wash, just a couple of spider webs in the fender. Thanks for the part number direction. Looks like I can order in Star White from other places for about $250. Expensive car wash... I would still welcome any thoughts on installing it if someone has done that.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Did you look/reach to the bottom of the hole? I opened my hood and took a picture in that cavity. It looks like that part is molded so it could only fall in. I looked under the fender and I did not see room for it to fall out either.
Ford F-150 Lightning Passenger Side Lariat ‘emblem door’ blew off IMG_3796

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Did you look/reach to the bottom of the hole? I opened my hood and took a picture in that cavity. It looks like that part is molded so it could only fall in. I looked under the fender and I did not see room for it to fall out either.
IMG_3796.png
Appreciate the additional effort. I went and looked again and unfortunately it is not in the fender cavity which is strange because I agree with you on 'only fall in'. Which leads to the question after seeing your pic, how did it possibly come off ??

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
I agree, I don't see how it could fall out from inside. In addition, I tested how firm it is installed and I believe there is no way a car wash could dislodge mine.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Which leads to the question after seeing your pic, how did it possibly come off ??
Maybe it was never there to begin with? And that explains why your Lariat emblem cover came off while a bunch of other folks have put their Lightnings through car washes and not a whole bunch of reports of lost passenger side emblems. IIRC, maybe it's in the owner's manual under the sensors, there's something about not subjecting your car to high-pressure washes - maybe that's in reference to pressure washers but does that car wash give you any idea what sort of psi you're subjecting your truck to?

Edit_Update: from under Vehicle Care in the 2023 manual (p.448 of PDF)

CLEANING CAMERA LENSES AND
SENSORS
We recommend that you only use
lukewarm or cold water and a soft cloth
to clean the camera lens and sensors.

Note: Do not pressure wash camera lens
and sensors.
Edit_Update: How I clean my cameras and sensors - https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...re-washer-on-your-lightning.17088/post-360930

Last edited:

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Look at it this way, this is your opportunity to re-mount it in such a way you have a secret door. There's one dude on the forum that has battery leads here in case he needs to "jump" the LVB or hook up a tender so that he doesn't have to get the frunk open. Not a terrible place to hide a key or some other thing to help you if you're locked out.

I'd love to see a NACS adaptor mod that turns this into a battery charging door. It's a much better location for hooking up to tesla Superchargers.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’m betting the backing was never there. Bring it to the dealer as a warranty claim.
Sponsored