• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water sloshing, passenger side?

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
So after a recent rain storm, I notice the passenger side floor was wet and started to hear water sloshing under the passenger side. After a few turns I realized water was seeping out from the floor. Took it to service at the dealer but they couldn't identify the leak but confirmed water had accumulated under the floor. (They did note it was not water collecting in the doors) I had seen a few other posts online about this and was just wondering if anyone else had this issue as well?
Sponsored

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Other forum identified this as an issue that potentially occurs when truck is tilted slightly down and rain overwhelms the drains in the front edge of the roof window. Appears to happen even if the drain is not blocked. From the description it may be that the only drain is on passenger side but since I don’t have mine yet that is only a guess.

OP
OP
ProjectMayhem

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Other forum identified this as an issue that potentially occurs when truck is tilted slightly down and rain overwhelms the drains in the front edge of the roof window. Appears to happen even if the drain is not blocked. From the description it may be that the only drain is on passenger side but since I don’t have mine yet that is only a guess.
Thanks for the reply. Dealer will take a look next week - until then, my 2 week old MY23 Pro is sponge on wheels.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So after a recent rain storm, I notice the passenger side floor was wet and started to hear water sloshing under the passenger side. After a few turns I realized water was seeping out from the floor. Took it to service at the dealer but they couldn't identify the leak but confirmed water had accumulated under the floor. (They did note it was not water collecting in the doors) I had seen a few other posts online about this and was just wondering if anyone else had this issue as well?
Hi there, Allen. This water concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
ProjectMayhem

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Just providing a long and overdue update in case anyone else is dealing with a water leak.

-2 full months at the dealer's shop and they've finally diagnosed the leak as a body seam leak between the cab and the frunk compartment, passenger side under the firewall. Solution is to pull out dash, firewall and other ports to try to access the seam. No timetable for fix. After a bit of back and forth, dealer was at least able to secure commitment from corporate for new carpets to replace the moldy ones- but not sure how they will handle the moldy odor in the cabin.

Of course the cherry on top if that the truck also had the high voltage failure while they were diagnosing the leak. (I guess I should consider myself lucky the truck leaked and was in the shop so I didn't experience the voltage failure while driving?)

Ford Corporate initially provided contact info and email but hasn't responded to any of my calls or emails.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122930306

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122907512

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122903068

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122807188

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122801044

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230422_122752043

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Watching

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Yikes! Thanks for the update!

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Damn dude, I'm so sorry to hear that but I really appreciate the update. Keep us posted!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Start looking into the lemon laws for your state. I know it's not the best option but it's better to be aware of your rights upfront. Personally, I wouldn't want the truck back after it has been that wet and from what appears to be a leak somewhere that should have been welded. I just don't trust a dealership to be able to repair this long term unless they have a body shop do the repairs and even then I would worry about the long term viability of the solution.

416lightning23

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi Allen,
I have the same issue with my 23LariatER here in Toronto Canada. Noticed water sloshing sound and after the FB community pointed me to your thread, I pulled up my weathertech mats to discover soaked carpets. Been shop vaccing and running a dehumidifier inside the truck at night to kill the humidity and smell. It removed all the sloshing water, but the leak exists.
Do you know exactly where the leak IS yet? I've started a service request with my local dealer, but I'd rather save time and point them right at the issue than have them spend weeks with my truck in pieces. Please update us if you can! thank you!

Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You should lemon law it if you can. There's no way I would keep it after 2 months in the shop with that much damage.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I know they are not going to do it, but Ford should replace the truck. Body seam nit welded properly letting water into places that it isn't supposed to be. High voltage failure.... Ford and the dealer know that it is not going to be an easy fix (time/difficulty) as evidenced by the two months at the dealership. If supplies were not so limited I would hope that either Ford corporate or the dealer would make your problem go away and then their engineers could do their thing and prevent things like this from happening again.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This could be another drain hose leak (not connected) for the second incident [ @416lightning23 ] if not the cab weld issues of the OP.

OP
OP
ProjectMayhem

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Hi Allen,
I have the same issue with my 23LariatER here in Toronto Canada. Noticed water sloshing sound and after the FB community pointed me to your thread, I pulled up my weathertech mats to discover soaked carpets. Been shop vaccing and running a dehumidifier inside the truck at night to kill the humidity and smell. It removed all the sloshing water, but the leak exists.
Do you know exactly where the leak IS yet? I've started a service request with my local dealer, but I'd rather save time and point them right at the issue than have them spend weeks with my truck in pieces. Please update us if you can! thank you!
So unfortunately they still haven't identified the specific seam. The water guy can see the trickle of water from behind the dash but they still need to remove more parts to get to the actual source of the leak. The feeling I was getting was they had no interest in moving forward with the repair and were waiting it out, hoping Ford would just do a buy back.

The good (?) news is that Ford has identified my situation qualifies for a buyback. However, from what I understand and have researched on this forum, this typically means just getting your money back (minus usage) and trying to magically find another Lightning Pro at the dealer and "getting" to pay the new MSRP for it if you could find one.

I'll jump on to a more appropriate thread to describe my buyback process. Final pics of my truck. It was good for the 2 weeks I had it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230520_125200996
Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side? IMG_20230520_125318786_HDR
Sponsored