• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water sloshing, passenger side #2

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Hello. I'm in month #3 of owning the F150 Lariat, and I currently have on order a part thats supposed to fix an issue with an fault with the cab pro power system. This problem 3-4 weeks ago

Until today I had not made the connection that this issue may be related to water i have discovered today that is leaking into the cab from around the front passenger side door. The carpet is wet and I can very clearly hear water sloshing on the right side. I have heard this sloshing for a couple weeks now but assumed I had a bottle of water lodged somewhere. This is not the case. The water sounds like it's in the door and I even thought maybe underneath the cab (possibly battery compartment) but there are no clogs in the door. And now having found this water....
@Ford Motor Company for visibility

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side #2 20230831_140639

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side #2 20230831_140613
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Do you have a moonroof?

Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
First thing I would have your dealer check is the drain line coming down the A pillar. They have been known to pop loose from the moonroof frame.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
First thing I would have your dealer check is the drain line coming down the A pillar. They have been known to pop loose from the moonroof frame.
dont those drain line issues usually result in visible leaks into the cab like from the a pillar grip.
That may be where the water is settling. There was a previous post about a lightning that had a frame seam leak behind the passenger fake charging door causing water to pool on the passenger side floor, similar to yours.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/water-sloshing-passenger-side.14566/
yea thats why i called this thread #2 ;)

i cant get my dealer to check this out until Tuesday. Im wondering if i should go ahead and clean it up or deal with the sloshing water for another few days

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
dont those drain line issues usually result in visible leaks into the cab like from the a pillar grip.
Not necessarily. There's also the possibility that the seam sealer by the upper part of the windshield could be the culprit. It's where the DOP and roof are welded together.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
so i just had my son take a hose to the top of the cab while I checked from inside I can see the water draining into moonroof and a steady trail of water coming north of the cable channel on the floor, passenger side, from behind the glove

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side #2 20230831_171501

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
more testing this am. the leak isnt occuring from the moonroof, or A pillar. I took the hose to the windshield where it meets the cowl vent and after a few seconds, the water started to trickle in. I believe theres a hole behind the fuse panel on the passenger side thats below the glove box

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello. I'm in month #3 of owning the F150 Lariat, and I currently have on order a part thats supposed to fix an issue with an fault with the cab pro power system. This problem 3-4 weeks ago

Until today I had not made the connection that this issue may be related to water i have discovered today that is leaking into the cab from around the front passenger side door. The carpet is wet and I can very clearly hear water sloshing on the right side. I have heard this sloshing for a couple weeks now but assumed I had a bottle of water lodged somewhere. This is not the case. The water sounds like it's in the door and I even thought maybe underneath the cab (possibly battery compartment) but there are no clogs in the door. And now having found this water....
@Ford Motor Company for visibility

20230831_140639.jpg

20230831_140613.jpg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Thank you. I have already sent a DM.

Update: as of Tuesday 9/5, the Lightning is at the dealer. The advisor says they'll need to replace the carpet due to rapid mold growth. They state that it's at the body shop to identify the seam that's open and weld it. ETA is 2-3 weeks.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Update 9/27
No word from the dealership on the repair.

I contacted @Ford Motor Company via their customer service and submitted a buyback request, and submitted a claim via the Ford BBB autoline
Sponsored