• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water sloshing, passenger side #2

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
Thank you. I have already sent a DM.

Update: as of Tuesday 9/5, the Lightning is at the dealer. The advisor says they'll need to replace the carpet due to rapid mold growth. They state that it's at the body shop to identify the seam that's open and weld it. ETA is 2-3 weeks.

I had a seam issue in my 2015 F150 that resulted in a new carpet. It was the first year of the aluminum bodies. I had water in the channel like that. My water came from the back of the cab behind the bed. After it was fixed, never had the issue again and I had a new carpet to boot. Ha.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I had a seam issue in my 2015 F150 that resulted in a new carpet. It was the first year of the aluminum bodies. I had water in the channel like that. My water came from the back of the cab behind the bed. After it was fixed, never had the issue again and I had a new carpet to boot. Ha.
The bed was the first place I checked. I wondered if my bed cover was somehow contributing to the leak. I've only seen this reported a few times before mine for the Lightning. Makes me wonder how many are really out there

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
10/4 update.
No word on repair from the dealer.

My customer service case with @Ford Motor Company was denied, though I'm past the 15 day mark in Florida for vehicle being out of service

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Update 10/11
Thru the BBB Autoline, Ford has agreed to repurchase the vehicle. Standard agreement, no extras, yet. I'm still due the line item "statement of amounts" sheet to review and approve.

As much as I hoped for this to be resolved, I'll miss the truck. Now I'll have to hope I can resolve this by finding another on the lot before interest rates increase again. But I hear there's now dealer incentives. Wondering how good i can make out this time around.

Retail Incentive $7500 + Tax incentive $7500 (up to), + 8479 price reduction

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Well, now this has me worried! I heard some sloshing on my drivers side the other when driving the truck after it sat for a week or so. We had lots of rain. Seemed to go away after about 15 minutes of driving and it hasn't come back. Will definitely need to keep an eye/ear out for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
From experience. It's worth checking out. I Ignored the noise at first, thinking it was a water bottle somewhere in the cab

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
It took some better understanding of FL law and Fords obligations but I think it's because of the timing. I contacted Ford at day 15 for the truck being out of service. 15 days is a milestone in FL lemon law but only to notify a manufacturer. Ford denied my claim because they wanted to see if the dealer could fix it. I could have resubmitted the claim thru ford's customer service. But it seemed best to go by the book at day 30.

When I submitted my claim to BBB. The truck was officially a lemon. 30 days out of service. They had no choice

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Final update:
Ford RAV team agreed to repurchase the Lariat ER, paying off the loan + finance charges and collateral. Overall that was a total of 98.5k(original out the door was 95k. I surrendered the vehicle a couple days ago.

Today I went back to the lot and got another Lariat ER, this time in Avalanche and with some extra features I didn't have last time. Powered running boards, and max trailer tow package, new liner style mats(although I already had some from my PB days) all for 84k+ plus its now eligible for the EV tax deductible.

RandomguyinPNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning, 20 Ascent
Today my wife took my truck to pick up our daughter from school and sends me a picture asking if I saw the mold in my carpet. I hadn't.

when she got home I went out and there is mold spots all over under my rear seat, all along the edges of the back floor carpet where it meets the plastic, etc. My carpet is soaking wet.

I've heard a sloshing sound on and off this winter but always assumed it was just something in how the truck shuttled water from the rain.

My driveway is slanted, does anyone know if the issue of leaks is worse whether he truck is nose down or bed down on an incline?

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side #2 IMG_5978

Sponsored
OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
My driveway declines only enough for rain water to run, i would normally park bed down. I started getting those spots under the front passenger mat and thats where most of the sitting water was.

My leak was ultimately fixed before I returned it so there's that

RandomguyinPNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My driveway declines only enough for rain water to run, i would normally park bed down. I started getting those spots under the front passenger mat and thats where most of the sitting water was.

My leak was ultimately fixed before I returned it so there's that
Gotcha!

I usually back in, which puts my bed lower, except when I need to charge I have to pull nose in, which has the front lower. I can't recall whether or not the water sloshing noise happens with one or the other more often or at all?

RandomguyinPNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@kendotelie were you able to get a loaner vehicle at all? I have a dropoff appointment Monday but I'm anticipating this isn't going to be a quick thing and want to plan ahead as much as possible.
Did you ever get an explanation/remedy for the leak?

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Yea to the loaner but they gave me a gas f150.

It took them a little more than a month to fix it. The leak was somewhere behind the glove box. As water would flow down the windshield, it would leak into the cab at a weld point. Took 3 tries to fix according to the shop.

dingmah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
@kendotelie were you able to get a loaner vehicle at all? I have a dropoff appointment Monday but I'm anticipating this isn't going to be a quick thing and want to plan ahead as much as possible.
Did you ever get an explanation/remedy for the leak?
Read this F150forum.com thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/water-leak-cowl-seam-474781/?ispreloading=1

It is the same problem that exists on our trucks. Water is making it's way into the cabin via the firewall cowl or the body seams at the top and bottom of the windshields. This is why even on trucks without sunroofs, water still finds it way into the cabin.

eaky_seam_720cb02026a36f8a174008e442c44e54c8e69f8c.jpg

16_133518_d8df98ade0c96106da57cb43e6194cbaaa407fc0.jpg

Ford F-150 Lightning Water sloshing, passenger side #2 1706335506285
Sponsored