• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Portable Gas Generator to Charge the Lightning?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I managed to run out of electricity AND gas one time in my Volt. It actually lets you run for a bit on the “depleted” battery after you run out of gas, but apparently not that far.
I wanted to know the actual fuel capacity of my xc90 phev. I ran out of gas, though I had plenty of charge remaining. It limited the already limited (87hp) electric power once the fuel supply was exhausted. Turns out the 13.2 gallon tank actually takes 14.2 to completely refill.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think most portable generators would approach 20% efficiency. It gets even worse at partial load.
Looking at Harbor Freight 9500/7600 watt inverter generator, the efficiency comes out about 15% for gasoline energy content to delivered electrical energy.
Yep, about 20 hours at full tilt boogie to get complete charge and damaged generator.
Sponsored