• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Possible Solution for Failed OTA Power-Up Updates

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
TL;DR - If your updates are failing to install, try starting the truck in the FordPass app and driving it.

The Power-Up 3.5.5 update failed 20 times over 12 days. I was surprised when I got a notification one morning that the update was successful. The next day I received another "Help us install your new Ford Power-Up" message. That update too failed several times over the next few days. I started the truck remotely with the FordPass app and moved it in my driveway. 30 minutes later it successfully installed the 22-PU0929-BLM-UP update. Then I remembered that days earlier I had remotely started the truck the night before the Power-Up 3.5.5 had successfully installed after multiple failures. It may have just been coincidence.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'll give that a shot, though leaving the coffee shop this morning to head home, I remote started, she warmed up, and we drove home.

I'm about to hit the remote start now, but we're heading out for a few errands, once we're back I'll try the remote start, move it ten feet, shut down with an adjusted schedule to install it mid day instead of overnight.

Did you also change the auto install time frame or did you try install now?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Do you have anything for getting 3.5.5? Stuck on the older version with no new version in sight. Yes I have everything set correctly lol

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Do you have anything for getting 3.5.5? Stuck on the older version with no new version in sight. Yes I have everything set correctly lol
I used the submit feedback - wireless update not working on the Sync screen.

Connected to my home WiFi all day & night.

Next day, update showed up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I suspect that 3.5.5 has been suspended for unknown reasons, quite a few of us have been waiting for it and it never loaded to the trucks.

The PU split out the usable parts of the 3.5.5 and they released the PU for now until what ever ails in the rest 3.55 is resolved, which might never come again and we'll all get 3.5.6 when that's ready.

{shear speculation}

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I used the submit feedback - wireless update not working on the Sync screen.

Connected to my home WiFi all day & night.

Next day, update showed up.
Where do I submit the feedback?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP
OP

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
I'll give that a shot, though leaving the coffee shop this morning to head home, I remote started, she warmed up, and we drove home.

I'm about to hit the remote start now, but we're heading out for a few errands, once we're back I'll try the remote start, move it ten feet, shut down with an adjusted schedule to install it mid day instead of overnight.

Did you also change the auto install time frame or did you try install now?

Power-Up 3.5.5 updated at the regulary scheduled time the first time after the truck was remote started after 13 days of failure. I tried the "update now" many times and it always failed, I had stopped trying. 22-PU0929-BLM-UP failed a few times at the scheduled time, before I remote started, moved the truck, then manually "update now" and it was successful.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Are you guys getting the updates on WiFi or cellular?

For some reason all of my updates have come over cellular and none while on WiFi overnight

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Are you guys getting the updates on WiFi or cellular?

For some reason all of my updates have come over cellular and none while on WiFi overnight
It's hard for me to distinguish how the truck received to data pack, but when my truck is near the house or in the garage, it's joined to my home router, this is a substantial amount of time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I went on a 1 hour drive to the MC club house, doing maintenance and putting of Christmas decorations for an up coming family day party.

I was hoping that would ensure the LVB is in tip top SOC, scheduled an update to run while I was there working. 90 minutes passed, install did not run (no failure report).

Another 50 minute ride homeward, Stopped for 43-80 DCFC session, now home, the 0100 hours update also failed, will see what Friday 0100 brings, tickling the truck with a remote start request before.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
I went on a 1 hour drive to the MC club house, doing maintenance and putting of Christmas decorations for an up coming family day party.

I was hoping that would ensure the LVB is in tip top SOC, scheduled an update to run while I was there working. 90 minutes passed, install did not run (no failure report).

Another 50 minute ride homeward, Stopped for 43-80 DCFC session, now home, the 0100 hours update also failed, will see what Friday 0100 brings, tickling the truck with a remote start request before.
Any luck?

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
My local dealer has a new policy. Instead of scheduling an appointment to get a recall on the 12 volt battery sensor replaced. The scheduled with me to come to my home and change out the sensor and also download a few OTA updates. He arrived as scheduled gave him the key to my truck and in a couple hours he was finished and I didn't have to drive my truck into the dealer and wait around to get it worked on. I love this new policy they have.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired