• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Interesting info, thanks. Seems like a bunch of people on this thread have a late MY23 including me and it is the first update they received. Am I wrong that this is the only thread talking about 4.2.1.1? I appreciate the help. Its worth checking out that github link above, it has much more detail than the history you attached.
That Github info has a group of people adding to it. It was originally on a Wiki which Ford or someone had taken down. The info has several people and sources contributing including ICE truck owners and Mach E owners, who get almost all of the SW releases before we do. You'll find a lot of discussion and info on f150gen14.com (where this forum was split from 2 years ago) and macheforum.com - sister site to this one.
Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Got my first update today, 4.2.1.1

Built 9/23, Purchased 10/23

Last edited:

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
OK. I was starting to think it was just me. Are we the only three that got these messages? Feel free to chime in guys.
I too got the update at the dealer yesterday for my battery module update , they say they updated the software but the battery module software warning still on my ford pass app and says 4.2.1.1 ready to download so not sure of the update was successful even tho it says updated

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Received this update successful notification this morning. "There's some good stuff here"? Ok... what is it?:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Balke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Received this update successful notification this morning. "There's some good stuff here"? Ok... what is it?:unsure:
I have not noticed any changes after having it a few days but from info I found a GitHub that tracks updates the 4.2.1 is supposed to get us ready for more updates which is exciting. The extra .1 is probably just a small tweak but I'm just guessing at this point.

Sponsored

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
I also rec’d 4.2.1.1. on 2/8/24. Build date 8/23. Lariat ER. Didn’t notice anything in the truck notifying me of the update. Just looked in FordPass after reading these posts.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
It appears as tho the update hadnt actually installed but shows ready to download, but I cant get it to actually do anything. I have automatic updates on....

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here 20240211_084357
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here 20240211_084346

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat, Mach-e GT
I have a MME, so I’m used to getting updates. But this had me scratching my head too. As far as I can tell, it seems to be nothing more than a “welcome to the world of updates” message after you turn on updates in your new truck.

Perhaps they were getting too many inquiries about whether updates were working or not after new owners activated them.

Now, I hope the next (real) update enables us to default to Sport Mode on startup for a given profile! After driving the MME for a couple years, I find this annoying.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There is a good bit of history and indeed quite of the few of the updates are nothing more than "we are trying to make things better (fix our bugs)" and they have to do that before they can them make changes and improvements and add features.

I think the big win is that a lot of '23's are finally getting updates. Don't expect BC 1.4 in your first one, those of us who come before you are still wondering if we will ever get that and some of us have had 20+ SW updates.

Last edited:

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Hi,
for Blend date AUG2023/Purchased OCT23 - this week got my first update (attempt ). Is there anything I can do? I have not yet had the BMS CSP done - scheduled for this week (unless it is snowed out) Super excited as I have been "vocal" with "frustration" for not receiving any updates and then it arrives during a time I am not driving the truck for a few days. Sorry for the newbe question

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here 1707686380653

Sponsored

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
I did nothing and it just showed up. Nothing was ever visible in the truck. I just saw these posts, looked it up and it showed as complete in the FP app. I also have not had the BMS CSP and also have a 8/23 blend date. I don’t think you need to do anything.

rtk11226

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning/1991 Chev 1500/1976 Corvette
Occupation
Retired IT/Engineer
Got mine installed yesterday without a hitch. Did a check on my 12V battery before attempting it.

Edit:
Feb.16, 2024: 4.2.1.2 install complete
Feb.20, 2024: Digital Owner's Manual complete
Feb.24, 2024: 6.1.0 install complete
Mar.6, 2024: 6.2.0 install complete
Apr.1, 2024: Another Power-Up downloaded but failed to complete.
Apr.24, 2024: Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I disconnected the 12V battery for a few minutes. Next morning the update finally completed successfully.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here 2-11-2024 4-38-09 PM

Last edited:

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It appears as tho the update hadnt actually installed but shows ready to download, but I cant get it to actually do anything. I have automatic updates on....

20240211_084357.jpg
20240211_084346.jpg
Same here. No way to force the update. Says ready to download and I can't get it to download despite the truck being connected to my wifi. Automatic updates are on also.

23 XLT ER built in August.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This is the initial update that enables the automatic update settings.
I don't think that's the case. I have yet to receive this update and I have the settings for auto updates available.

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
found this today.
2023 F-150
(ECG)

Here’s the Latest Just for You

We’ve made improvements to the software update process, including the ability to enter your vehicle using your Key Fob during a non-drivable update.

You’ll also now receive new pop-up alerts to inform you when a precondition is not being met so that you can take the required action to receive your update. For a non-drivable update, preconditions may include that your vehicle is parked, it’s not running, all the lights are off, doors and trunk are closed, and you’re not pressing the brake pedal.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/12522/ota-o...cg-4-2-1-1-4-2-3-sync-4-2-2-3-2023-ford-f-150
Sponsored