• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Precondition While Unplugged?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Because they made a shitty car. Your truck isn’t going to fall apart because you were heavy on the accelerator. People have been taking these to drag strips.
Our trucks are still relatively new. only time will tell how shitty they really are. Don’t get me wrong; I do have my stupid moments and I do floor it from time to time. All I am saying is that when my head is incharge, I rather be nice to the truck so it can be nice to me for a bit longer (Just in case it is shittier than we all hope). Even if it is well designed, 800 ft-lb torque and 500 amp current is nothing to sneeze at and can take its toll.

To be clear my expectation is not the norm. My last truck was 20 years old and in good running condition when I sold it. I hope to keep this one that long as well. If you replace yours every three years, all my precautions would be unnecessary for you.
Sponsored

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Preconditioning while plugged in preconditions the battery and also uses the heat/ac to condition the cabin for your desired comfort level. That switch gives you the option to not waste battery power conditioning the cabin if you're not plugged in. It would only do the battery.
What is the time interval for preconditioning?

OP
OP
VictorM

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
I have not used a stopwatch but my experience is 15 minutes. I also remote start just before departure so the cabin stays on while I unplug from the charger.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Answered in another thread, but short and simple answer, ambient temperature effects the duration.

In my most recent experience with ambient temps around 32 degrees, it lasted 52 minutes, the truck decides when it will start the process to arrive at your desired departure time
Sponsored