• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat ER doesn't precondition while on

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
how do you guys precondition for an unexpected use? In other words, if I want to use the truck for an unplanned trip to town, how do I precondition it? Is there a "precondition now" button?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
how do you guys precondition for an unexpected use? In other words, if I want to use the truck for an unplanned trip to town, how do I precondition it? Is there a "precondition now" button?
No manual button, but if a listed DCFC station was enroute, the truck would use its own energy to accelerate battery warming, but in all likelihood, if you're ABC {Always be charging) departing home at 80, 85, 90% then it's not really that important to warm up the battery until you're anticipating a charging session many miles down the road.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
If at home the simplest way to heat the battery before an unplanned trip is give it a quick charge right before leaving. You’d be amazed what a 5% to 10% charge will do to warm the battery. Especially the FCSP 80amp. Many times on a random weekend errand run I’ll just throw some electrons into it to warm it up quick.
Sponsored