• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
UPDATE AS OF DECEMBER 7 EVENING -- they have confirmed my invoice order is for $54,749 (my dashboard checkout photo below shows $49749) and refuse to offer price protection up front. They also will not guarantee my reimbursement after purchase. They only confirm that they will reimburse me IF they get it from Ford--which they say will take 100 days or more and have made no guarantees that I even qualify for the price protection (which I'm 100% certain that I do). I was told that my situation will be introduced to the head sales manager of the dealership tomorrow and they will also be contacting their Ford rep, but I was assured that this is how they've been doing it and they have no intentions of changing it.

UPDATE!! --AS OF DECEMBER 8 MORNING

I just received a phone call from the second individual I spoke with last night who assured me that will absolutely not offer price protection up front and will only reimburse me when they get it.

It seems they had a change of heart (AKA their Ford rep got back to them and informed them they were indeed wrong--my assumption) and he confirmed that he was able to check the DORA of my original order date, which confirmed the originally priced invoice that I have been seeing on my end all along. He then told me that he will honor the price protection up front once the head sales manager signs off on it when he gets in later this morning. As of now, he confirmed the $49,749 invoice price and that they will still apply the $7000 PCO rebate tonight as well. I will be going in this evening to complete the purchase and will follow up with another update--or pictures of my new Lightning at home!

ORIGINAL POST
I just got the call that all of us have long waited for. My truck is finally at the dealer after being 20 miles away for over 3 weeks. I have already confirmed with my dealer that I will be receiving the $7k for the private cash offer by being a MY 22 to 23 extension. He will not, however, verbally confirm my $5k price protection (I ordered 8/11/2022, so before the Oct. 4th deadline). My accepted dealer price is $49,749 (options, destination, etc. included), but he is not confirming that will be my purchase price when I get to the dealer.

I informed him of the price protection based on my order date and was told that he can't guarantee that price and if their price is higher I will be refunded the additional $5k when they receive it from Ford. I am 100% certain (from forums here, multiple dealer posts here, Ford's own statement affirming price protection, and another confirmation from 2 separate Ford sales service agents) that is not how it is supposed to go and that my dealer is supposed to be reimbursed by Ford on their Dealer Payment Statement. He is 100% adamant that they will not offer any discount to me based on an "assumption" that Ford will reimburse them.

I'm very much hoping that the total on my Ford account checkout dashboard ($49,749) is what they see at the dealer and that this won't be an issue. What are my options if their price shows higher and he won't listen to me about the price protection?

Ford F-150 Lightning Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas FB58583C-14EF-4F39-BF91-314CC5717F61
Sponsored

Last edited:

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Good luck.
I reserved 5/20/2021.
I ordered Sept 8, 2022.
I don't see anywhere that I've been offered price protection nor the private cash for extension.
I presume we would have received an email?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The $7K private offer IS the price protection. There is no other price protection that I'm aware of. Did the pro get 2 price bumps? Not sure what happens in that case.

The $7K will be applied at the time of sale as a manufacturer's rebate in the downpayment section of the contract.

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
The price protection is inherent in my order agreement. Both myself and the dealer agreed upon the order price before the MSRP was increase and Ford has confirmed any orders made prior to the price increase would be honored.

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
The $7K private offer IS the price protection. There is no other price protection that I'm aware of. Did the pro get 2 price bumps? Not sure what happens in that case.

The $7K will be applied at the time of sale as a manufacturer's rebate in the downpayment section of the contract.
That is not correct. The $7000 private cash offer (PCO) reflects the change in price from the 2022 to 2023 reservations. The $5k price protection ensures pricing as of my order date, when the MSRP was $46k. Current MSRP is $51k.
They are two different situations.

Sponsored

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Are you guys paying sales tax on the 7000 PCO? My dealer structured it as a rebate after all the sales tax has been calculated.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
That is not correct. The $7000 private cash offer (PCO) reflects the change in price from the 2022 to 2023 reservations. The $5k price protection ensures pricing as of my order date, when the MSRP was $46k. Current MSRP is $51k.
They are two different situations.
Yeah the PRO is a weird situation. What does your winder sticker say for MSRP because I think that's what they are going to say.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Ask them to try to get confirmation of the price protection from their Ford rep, that’s what I had to do. It is possible to get both the PCO and price protection at the time of sale, and that’s now it should go for those that were Pro reservation extenders.

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Ask them to try to get confirmation of the price protection from their Ford rep, that’s what I had to do. It is possible to get both the PCO and price protection at the time of sale, and that’s now it should go for those that were Pro reservation extenders.
Thanks.

Thats what I was thinking I was going to have to do. If they don't understand how/what needs to be done, I was told by the Ford Sales rep to direct them to contact their Ford rep regarding their "retail sales price protection". I know that I'm eligible for both, but making sure they understand that seems like it might be a challenge. Going to the dealer now so I'll post an update when I get back!

Last edited:

Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Granfaloon. For. The. Win!

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
The $7K private offer IS the price protection.
Ford F-150 Lightning Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas wrong-scrubs
Should have read a little further down the chain before posting that I guess. As others have said, the price protection is separate and not in place of the private offer. 1 is for the model year transition for extend my reservation holders, the other is for the October increase. I literally just bought my Pro and got both, I had to have the dealer talk with their district rep or whomever it was to get the truth.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Thanks.

Thats what I was thinking I was going to have to do. If they don't understand how/what needs to be done, I was told by the Ford Sales rep to direct them to contact their Ford rep regarding their "retail sales price protection". I know that I'm eligible for both, but making sure they understand that seems like it might be a challenge. Doing to the dealer now so I'll post an update when I get back!
We’re getting such a smoking deal with the price protection and pco, most dealers just can’t fathom that it’s possible. We’re very lucky, and I’m super appreciative of Ford and my dealer for making it possible and honoring the price I was told I would pay when I ordered. Good luck!

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
My dealer also went MIA when I asked about the $5,000 second price bump. They'll be getting a rebate from Ford, I really don't understand why this transaction has lacked so much transparency. Can't wait for both to come off post-tax just to screw me one more time. Not to mention I already lost my state's $2,250 BEV incentive and will likely now be levied a 7.75% "luxury" tax because Ford wanted to jack up the MSRP after we all ordered. This whole process has blown.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
My dealer also went MIA when I asked about the $5,000 second price bump. They'll be getting a rebate from Ford, I really don't understand why this transaction has lacked so much transparency. Can't wait for both to come off post-tax just to screw me one more time. Not to mention I already lost my state's $2,250 BEV incentive and will likely now be levied a 7.75% "luxury" tax because Ford wanted to jack up the MSRP after we all ordered. This whole process has blown.
Oh, and if like me, this is your first (and possibly last) Ford vehicle and wonder if this situation is new, it's not. The Bronco and Mach-E forums are littered with customers pleading for assistance with Ford Price Protection Programs . . . as the dealerships feign ignorance.
So, what did Ford do for Lightning reservation holders to resolve all the issues customers encountered with PPPs for the prior two vehicles? I think the fair thing to do is wait for Ford Motor Co. to answer that question itself . . .
Sponsored