• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard Unavailable

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
I’ve been getting popups about this for a few days and went to test it out. Not working at all.
-Screen shows the frunk/interior/box. Frunk and box can hit power on but then after 2sec they go off. Interior power button is greyed out
-interior outlets are flashing orange for a fault. There is nothing plugged in to overload it.
-I’ve had my box sprayed but everything has worked for a year since then and I checked the wires are connected.

I have an appointment in 2 weeks was the earliest. Next week I have an outdoor trade show that I was going to use the truck to power some things.

Sponsored

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
I’ve been getting popups about this for a few days and went to test it out. Not working at all.
-Screen shows the frunk/interior/box. Frunk and box can hit power on but then after 2sec they go off. Interior power button is greyed out
-interior outlets are flashing orange for a fault. There is nothing plugged in to overload it.
-I’ve had my box sprayed but everything has worked for a year since then and I checked the wires are connected.

I have an appointment in 2 weeks was the earliest. Next week I have an outdoor trade show that I was going to use the truck to power some things.

I was going to ask if you had the bed sprayed, but you already said that. When they sprayed mine, they forgot to reconnect the plugs under the bed, but if you already checked that, perhaps a trip to the dealer is in order.
good luck.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I'd guess you're experiencing a ground fault - GFCI is very sensitive, and can trip even with nothing plugged in under some circumstances.

For example, water/moisture can be a cause of tripping.

The GFCI device/outlet may need to be replaced which should be a simple and inexpensive task.

If there is a ground fault in the wiring somewhere, say in a wiring harness, that could take more time to locate and remedy.

Generally, these are the basic steps for diagnosing a GFCI that trips with nothing plugged in:

Check the Wiring

Turn off the power to the circuit and check the wiring connections to the GFCI. Make sure to securely connect all wires and there are no signs of damage or wear.

If you find any issues with the wiring, repair or replace them as needed.

Replace the GFCI

If you have checked the wiring and everything looks fine, the GFCI itself may be faulty and you need to replace it immediately.

GFCIs have a limited lifespan. So, it may have reached the end of its useful life.

From: https://www.electronicshub.org/gfci-keeps-tripping/

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Hmmmm... ChatGPT reply?

OP
OP

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
Hmmmm... ChatGPT reply?
Yeah that was an odd reply…

I will throw in that my wife hit a ground hog and broke the air dam motors… not sure if this could be causing the fault?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah that was an odd reply…

I will throw in that my wife hit a ground hog and broke the air dam motors… not sure if this could be causing the fault?
Time to Google “groundhog recipes!” 😂

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Try disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting it.