• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro onboard power and WIFI

CAMB150

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-Lightning Pro
Hi everyone, just got the F150L pro and have some question.
I got the 9.6KW pro onboard power but my ford pass app says 2.4, normal, not normal?
Do you need to connect the lightning to your home WIFI network for updates, or does it do it by cellular?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone, just got the F150L pro and have some question.
I got the 9.6KW pro onboard power but my ford pass app says 2.4, normal, not normal?
Do you need to connect the lightning to your home WIFI network for updates, or does it do it by cellular?
2.4kw is in the frunk, 7.2kw is in the bed total energy is 9.6kw

Your power updates will trickle in by the onboard telematics modem, binding the truck to your home wifi network is alleged to help, but it is only active while the truck is "ON"

Last edited:

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
My ford pass app will only show the 2.4 kw front module as well, but the 7.2 kw back module still works.
The lightning ostensibly will get updates on either the cellular or wifi networks, but mine will get updates on neither. Still on 3.5.4 since manufacture.
Sponsored