• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Yeah, I don’t want a unibody, either.
I get the versatility of ladder frame trucks with a separate box for commercial uses but why do regular consumers care about unibody vs ladder frame? I don't care as long as it's strong, can tow and haul. whatever does the job...
I own a farm. A hundred t-posts and a dozen rolls of barbed wire will weigh over 1500 pounds. I guess that may count as commercial.

That said, dropping down to a 5-1/2’ bed is going to make hauling this stuff a lot more challenging!
That is honestly my only complaint about the Lightning (other than my still broken "frunk" {hurk}). I wish I could have gotten a smaller cab with a 6'5 box like my old truck. I haul a range of stuff almost exclusively, my old truck had 1 adult in the back seat 1 time over it's 4 year life, the whole supercrew cab goes to waste for me because I can't fit a 12' board sideways through the cab without breaking a few laws.
Although Ford has limited orders so far to just 4 models with the same size cab and bed, they have the ability to eventually give people smaller cabs and longer beds (or no beds) as an option because it's not unibody.

If they eventually make a truck that's not unibody, they lose that flexibility, so I think they should limit unibody EV trucks to Mavericks and Rangers.
Sponsored