• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Which truck hits the showroom floors first. The Ram Revolution or the next Gen Ford EV truck?

Like others, I expected a prototype and not a concept.
Great point . Technically the Ram probably but they will be like the hummer and produce a couple hundred. The problem for ram is ford will be in full swing production wise and come out with nex gen at 150,000-200,000 units
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
It looks interesting, but it's just a concept at this point. I was expecting them to actually have a working product that someone could order, not just some fancy renders.
There's a lot I like about this concept and a lot that has me scratching my head. Some things obviously can't or won't make it to final production.

But I guess I'll take a look again when they reveal the production truck and start taking reservations. It's going to need to get significantly better range and do some things my Lightning can't do for me to consider it.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Things I like:
-The tracks in the floor for adjustable/removable seating
-Midgate
-4wheel steering
-suicide doors

I see a lot that will never make it to production, but if they do those 4, it's a good start.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The production truck will be nothing like this (if they ever get to production). And why is 4 bucket seats with 2 crappy jump seats better than 2 bench seats with 3 seats each like the Cybertruck will have (and the Lightning could have if Ford offered it).

Who needs an 18 foot pass through for a 4x8? What about in the rain/snow/cold -- that pass through and avalanche type mid-gate will open the cabin to the outside weather and is only useful when you don't mind having a big window open.

Suicide doors? How is this thing going to do in a rollover without a B pillar and that huge opening? And thin windows with that super high belt line?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That's as real as the Cyber Truck..... With the Lightning reveal at least the truck drove up on the stage. Chevrolet, GMC, Tesla and Ram Just roll out a concept or model of what their truck could be. Supposedly the Silverado EV is coming out in a matter of months and we have yet to see a video of it driving under its own power. People can hate on the Lightning all they want and complain about production and availability but at least it's a real vehicle in production.
Really that isn't true - the Cybertruck also drove on stage under its own power at the reveal. Who knows what was cobbled together, but it did drive on stage and everything we know today 3 years later it still looks like it did then and likely should have the same amenities, which were truly just standard truck stuff along with air suspension.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Really that isn't true - the Cybertruck also drove on stage under its own power at the reveal. Who knows what was cobbled together, but it did drive on stage and everything we know today 3 years later it still looks like it did then and likely should have the same amenities, which were truly just standard truck stuff along with air suspension.
Like the mirrors, windshield wiper (one) and bumper. I'm cheering for the Cyber truck but until it gets built it's a meme.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Can’t wait for the Gen 2 Lightning because I love everything about this RAM concept. All of a sudden Rivian, Lightning and Cybertruck feel dated….

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Like the mirrors, windshield wiper (one) and bumper. I'm cheering for the Cyber truck but until it gets built it's a meme.
It's hard to understand this attitude as it seems to be contrarian for no reason.

Do you really believe that a large public company is just messing around and that they aren't really making the Cybertruck as described in all of their public presentations and SEC filings? I certainly expect some things to change as production realities sink in, but there is no reason to believe it won't largely be like all the things they've been showing.

Reactions: GDN

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I love how ford was able to beat Tesla to the punch while catching GM andRam flat footed.
to be fair, that’s not *exactly* the case

GM and Ram are building ground-up BEV truck platforms, and are either even or ahead of Ford’s ground-up BEV truck platform - which will not be a “Lightning” or an “F150”

But Ford meanwhile stuffed some BEV guts into the existing F150 platform, and called it a Lighting (the name being a nod to Ford’s prior limited production, limited production time frame, specialty trucks). Neither GM nor Ram are doing an “in-betweener” like the Lightning.

so technically yes, Ford put out the first pickup that *happens* to be a BEV. But comparing apples to apples, what remains to be seen is if Ford, GM, Ram (or Tesla) will be next to market with a true ground-up BEV truck platform for mass production.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hrmmm, interesting...

I like parts of it, a lot of what we saw is obviously concept car B.S., there's some neat stuff there. I think it's a little to space-shippy for me personally, but we'll see what the production vehicle looks like...

Might do a reservation if they do reservations, but doubt I'll switch. I really like my Lightning.

Sidenote: As someone whose last 3 vehicles were mopar, and signed up for updates on their website, why is this the first I'm hearing of this unveiling? Ram what are you doing, e-mail me lol.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
agree. This is pointless . The very bottom it says a production ready version with range totals Will be coming in months.

I love how ford was able to beat Tesla to the punch while catching GM andRam flat footed. I love All these companies spending millions on telling us what their new Truck EVs can do and yet non are real to this point but Fords. By the time ram does get their Ev to production and GM comes out with their Denali -for the first time - the lighting will be going on year 3 of productions.

And yet, some on here unfortunately are comparing the lightning to all these trucks that aren’t even real yet- Until someone can come out with a truck other than ford or Rivian - let’s not compare and say something will have more range/ cost less.
Great points, two words you can always say about people liking cybertruck over lightning, “show me” (lol). Completely agree on all you can compare to now, in the wild, is Rivian. The Lightning is my 6th F150 and I love it!

however TFL did do a good side by side:

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Not sure why the other thread was closed, but TL;DR: Still looks like a concept. No reservations today. No info about range or charging speeds. Promising 'production debut' sometime in 2023 with production start in 2024.
They said it would have an estimated range of 500 miles. They also said it would be based on an 800-volt platform allowing charging rates of up to 350 Kilowatts. At 350, it would add 100 miles of distant in only 10 minutes.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm very excited about the potential for the RAM truck, but a lot will hinge on what options/pricing they can offer. Part of what irks me about Ford's options is the massive jump to get the ER battery. I don't want the moon roof, I don't want the FCSP, and I don't want the hands free Blue cruise. All I want is the big battery, adaptive cruise, and ProPower. If I can get those features for less from GMC or RAM then I'm sold. Movie projector headlights would just be the icing on the cake. :)
Sponsored