• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I wasn’t arguing “for” a position. I was questioning the persuasiveness of someone else’s.

but I’d you’re asking what I think will happen with the CT? I have good reason to believe that not even executives at Tesla have a confident answer to that question.

I meanwhile find it hard to believe it will be delivered at any scale, remotely near now 5-year stale original pricing, without a significant drag on the business in near term
What good reason? (rhetorical question)

I think the CT will DEFINITELY cost more than the initial pricing. It will probably land near where all the other trucks are now $70K entry, $100K+ maxed out. On the high end it will have a 180-200kWh (500 mile) battery, on the low end 120-130kWh (340 mile). There is a chance it will undercut the competition, but Tesla seems determined to put a bunch of tech in it that nobody wants. Thankfully, it will probably have a wheel option instead of just a (idiotic) yolk since Tesla now offers wheels again as an option for S/X.

1000 volt architecture, 400kW+ max charging rate, no idea what the curve will look like, but 10% to 90% charge (+400 miles) in 40 minutes using the new megawatt charger. Heat pump plus foam encased structural battery will limit cold weather range loss.

50K+ units manufactured and delivered to customers in 2024.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I just don't see another major manufacturer adopting the Tesla connector or trying to get on the Supercharger network without a CCS adaptor.
Completely agree. Even if NACS is a standard, manufacturers would still be ceding some control to a competitor that is being run by an increasingly volatile CEO who will probably end up wearing kleenex boxes for shoes by 2025.

CCS is imperfect but at least the manufacturers all have control over its development.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Tesla seems determined to put a bunch of tech in it that nobody wants.
Like what? As far as I know it’s just a different shape and manufactured differently. Isn’t a long range fast charging truck with two bench seats seating 6 and a 6’ bed what everyone wants?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Like what? As far as I know it’s just a different shape and manufactured differently. Isn’t a long range fast charging truck with two bench seats seating 6 and a 6’ bed what everyone wants?
I don't know because they are keeping it a secret, but they keep hinting that it will have "the most tech of all their cars" whatever that means.

Air suspension, no door handles and self presenting doors, advanced terrain mapping, etc..

But I hope it's what you describe -- max utility with reasonable pricing.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
I want air suspension.

Sponsored

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
I'm very excited about the potential for the RAM truck, but a lot will hinge on what options/pricing they can offer. Part of what irks me about Ford's options is the massive jump to get the ER battery. I don't want the moon roof, I don't want the FCSP, and I don't want the hands free Blue cruise. All I want is the big battery, adaptive cruise, and ProPower. If I can get those features for less from GMC or RAM then I'm sold. Movie projector headlights would just be the icing on the cake. :)
That's just not going to happen. As we've seen with the F150 Lightning Pro, it's nothing more than a teaser and a promise to get you in the door.

GM is making the Silverado EV higher end first, as with nearly everyone else they're following Tesla's model. Make the $100,000+ car to use the profits to make the $80,000 car to use the profits to make the $50,000 car and promise the $35,000 car.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@The Rogue Robot
I realize it's a big "IF", but I like to dream. :) Since I'm not slated to get a Lightning invite until the summer and I'm not in a rush to get one, I've got time to wait and see.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
<snip> Part of what irks me about Ford's options is the massive jump to get the ER battery. I don't want the moon roof, I don't want the FCSP, and I don't want the hands free Blue cruise. All I want is the big battery, adaptive cruise, and ProPower. <snip>
If you get the ER battery, you should consider the FCSP. There's no other home Level 2 EV charger out there that charges at 80A - best I've seen is 50A (ChargePoint Home Flex - at least $750). My $0.02.

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
If you get the ER battery, you should consider the FCSP. There's no other home Level 2 EV charger out there that charges at 80A - best I've seen is 50A (ChargePoint Home Flex - at least $750). My $0.02.

My FCSP is still sitting in the box and I've already got 5k miles on the lightning. I have a 48A charger (Emporia) and it's more than adequate. I've never been in a situation where the difference in charging speed matters. When you charge at home, I would expect most owners are charging overnight.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
My FCSP is still sitting in the box and I've already got 5k miles on the lightning. I have a 48A charger (Emporia) and it's more than adequate. I've never been in a situation where the difference in charging speed matters. When you charge at home, I would expect most owners are charging overnight.
I have a 52 mile roundtrip commute, maybe add a couple more for side stops like take out once in a while. So ya, even a 40A unit would be more than sufficient. I do want bidirectional capability, but haven't yet determined how I want to go about that. I'm considering a small home battery and using the truck/solar to keep the battery topped up but haven't done enough research yet on that feasibility.

Sponsored

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Makes sense - the Lightning is our first EV so I didn't have an EV charger already installed, and I wasn't about to spend more to replace something that came with the truck. :)

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
Makes sense - the Lightning is our first EV so I didn't have an EV charger already installed, and I wasn't about to spend more to replace something that came with the truck. :)
our FCSP is also still in the box. We got a ChargePoint Home Flex 50 amp charger December 2021, so until we upgrade our service panel and include a subpanel/Home integration kit, I don't see a reason to spend money on installing the FCSP.
Sponsored