• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I am a little surprised that we have not heard a peep out of Tesla or Ford as we were told that the Superchargers would open up to Ford in February. We should have at least heard something!
Tesla has an earnings call today at 5:30pm EST, maybe they will mention it.
Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Well, not really anything on this subject at the call today. I guess it is not important enough.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I ordered 12/23 and haven't seen a shipping notification yet. I don't expect the SC network to be ready to go on time so I'm not really worried about it. Best case scenario is likely end of February.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Received my NACS to CCs adapter today, and this thing is solid! The build quality is great. Can't wait for the network to open.

PXL_20240116_165909489.PORTRAIT.jpg
OP, have you been able to connect it to a SC and see if it communicates with the vehicle?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Tesla stock tanked today, down 13%. This may not be good news for us hoping to gain access to the Superchargers, Tesla may just decide to renege on its promises and to keep one of its best assets closed to outsiders. Tesla will have to cut back somewhere and they definitely don’t have any loyalty to non-Tesla owners.

I can see the lawsuits from companies like A2Z, Ford and GM already. I sure wish NEVI would get off the pot. I’m looking at lowering my expectations yet again.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
Tesla stock tanked today, down 13%. This may not be good news for us hoping to gain access to the Superchargers, Tesla may just decide to renege on its promises and to keep one of its best assets closed to outsiders. Tesla will have to cut back somewhere and they definitely don’t have any loyalty to non-Tesla owners.

I can see the lawsuits from companies like A2Z, Ford and GM already. I sure wish NEVI would get off the pot.
That's nonsensical. The value related to stockprice for Tesla is in monetizing their SC network beyond their own vehicles. Revenue from non-Tesla owners is good for the stock price.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
That's nonsensical. The value related to stockprice for Tesla is in monetizing their SC network beyond their own vehicles. Revenue from non-Tesla owners is good for the stock price.
If Tesla was as rational as you are they would have opened up the Supercharger network ten years ago.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech

I can see the lawsuits from companies like A2Z, Ford and GM already. I sure wish NEVI would get off the pot. I’m looking at lowering my expectations yet again.
Opening SC to more people just makes Tesla more money!

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

It is also a requirement for them to receive federal assistance. Shareholders would not be happy if they pulled out of the likely agreements with the manufacturer’s that came with some $$$, lost our future revenue for each charge, and lost federal monies too.

Sorry man, I think you have been in the Texas heat too much today….probably better then the freezing a week ago, but still.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

Out of all the things that can happen, this wont be it. Tesla makes a decent profit on Superchargers. Now that more people will utilize their services at a premium rate, they will most likely expand the SC network even further or upgrade older sites.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If Tesla was as rational as you are they would have opened up the Supercharger network ten years ago.
Before the EV race picked up, there was likely more value in keeping the SC network exclusive. Saturation is now high enough, between EV's and number of charging locations, that the equation has flipped. That's how I see it anyways. Tesla's stock is rampant with knee jerk reactions, I try not to read too much into it.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Only two days until the SC network is open to Ford! :LOL:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Just got this in a promotional email from Ford:

106,000+ Chargers. And Counting.
With multiple new charging providers added to the BlueOval™ Charge Network,** we now have 106,000+ total chargers ready for you – including 11,800+ fast chargers. And starting in spring 2024, we’ll have 17,250+ accessible Tesla Superchargers.†
February is now "Spring"...which means end of May.
Sponsored