• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I think there’s only been a couple of others that posted about their RC 3” lift. I got it done two days ago. So far no hit on range that I could see, if there is, it has to be at the 1-2% range. The tires is what takes the biggest hit.

I absolutely love it. I needed the extra lift in the front and over all extra lift 1” for what I use my truck for. Today I went out on a local trail to test it out “Burnside trail” and then went down some side trails and squeezed through some boulders and over smaller ones to test it out. Two thumbs up on the drive on and off road. Absolutely does not affect blue cruise. It was raining and fog set in and it wasn’t until the heavy fog set it BlueCruise said uncle. We were at 55mph through the mountains for that.

When I decided to park and let the dogs out to run around I actually backed over a small boulder and would have hit it, if I wasn’t raised. I took some pictures of that from the side and from the rear to show that. I took some pics at another more level location after the fog rolled in to show the overall looks and clearance.
Ford F-150 Lightning Rough Country 3” lift kit installed on F-150 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_4726
Ford F-150 Lightning Rough Country 3” lift kit installed on F-150 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_4720
Ford F-150 Lightning Rough Country 3” lift kit installed on F-150 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_4729
Ford F-150 Lightning Rough Country 3” lift kit installed on F-150 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_4735
Sponsored

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I knew I would eventually want a more robust aftermarket suspension system so for the time being I went with the most affordable 3” lift on the market from Zone Off-road. I also really enjoy mine. Since the lift really only affects aerodynamics, its impact becomes more noticeable the faster you go when aerodynamic drag out weighs rolling resistance.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
So no effect on ride quality?

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I think in both cases the 3” lift is achieved using both a top hat spacer and pre load spacer (link). So it does get a bit more firm in the front.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
So no effect on ride quality?
Just like ErockBoon said, more stiff of a ride up front. I’m no expert at all when it comes to trucks and ride quality, this is my first truck. I like the stiffness for the turns and on smooth asphalt I like the stiffness better. Off road the bumps are harder. Putting up with that to get to my destination with better clearance is worth it to me. Give and take. The looks is an added bonus for me.

Sponsored

chrisvitek1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
What tires are you using and what was the efficiency hit?

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Last edited:

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Looks great. It fits the truck well.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Any reason you didn’t go with a larger tire? That’s the same size as stock.
Yes, range. If I wasn’t trying to use it with the slide in camper I would have thrown 35” in a heart beat. But, I want to get 1.7 (220 miles) average with a full battery. I’m currently trying out the 3” lift and came down from the mountains with the camper for more supplies and top off the battery.
Ford F-150 Lightning Rough Country 3” lift kit installed on F-150 Lightning Lariat ER IMG_5167
Trails are much more comfortable to navigate and super happy about the performance with it.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think there’s only been a couple of others that posted about their RC 3” lift. I got it done two days ago. So far no hit on range that I could see, if there is, it has to be at the 1-2% range. The tires is what takes the biggest hit.

I absolutely love it. I needed the extra lift in the front and over all extra lift 1” for what I use my truck for. Today I went out on a local trail to test it out “Burnside trail” and then went down some side trails and squeezed through some boulders and over smaller ones to test it out. Two thumbs up on the drive on and off road. Absolutely does not affect blue cruise. It was raining and fog set in and it wasn’t until the heavy fog set it BlueCruise said uncle. We were at 55mph through the mountains for that.

When I decided to park and let the dogs out to run around I actually backed over a small boulder and would have hit it, if I wasn’t raised. I took some pictures of that from the side and from the rear to show that. I took some pics at another more level location after the fog rolled in to show the overall looks and clearance.
IMG_4726.jpeg
IMG_4720.jpeg
IMG_4729.jpeg
IMG_4735.jpeg
That's a stunning F-150 Lightning, Mario! Thanks for sharing!

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
10% with Nitto Recon Grapplers 275/60r20
looks great, I thought that they were bigger than stock

in terms of the recon grapplers did you get the LT version (heavier) or the standard version?

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
looks great, I thought that they were bigger than stock

in terms of the recon grapplers did you get the LT version (heavier) or the standard version?
Thank you. I went with the heavier because of the camper weight and off road use. They definitely look bigger than stock size, I guess due to the aggressive pattern. Super tempted to try out some 34.5 though with a smaller rim. In time.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Love the look! when it gets time for tires im thinking 18" with something in the 34" range will pair nice with this level kit.

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Very nice! good job. Glad you are enjoying the truck.
Sponsored