• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sad Day Broken Mirror. OEM mirror replacement = $1,200! Less expensive options??

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
As I was backing out of the garage, I hooked the passenger door mirror on the garage door frame. Broke the black plastic bezel and clear LED cover.

According to my dealer the only way to fix is to replace the entire mirror $1,200.

Anyone on here know of a less expensive option to replace the bezel and reflector?

Is the mirror common with the gas F150 to look in a junk yard or eBay?

Thanks
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
How bad is it? Do you have a picture?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
One more reason why my mirrors will get folded in before entering and after exiting the garage. Good luck. Hopefully the used/wrecked car route will work to save some $$.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
It seems likely that it is a shared part with one of the ICE models, but I cannot find a parts site that lists Lightning repair parts to confirm.

Did the dealer give you an estimate that includes the part number for the mirror assembly? Or can you get the part number off the mirror assembly itself? If you search the part number, that should tell you if it is the same one from the ICE models.

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
As I was backing out of the garage, I hooked the passenger door mirror on the garage door frame. Broke the black plastic bezel and clear LED cover.

According to my dealer the only way to fix is to replace the entire mirror $1,200.

Anyone on here know of a less expensive option to replace the bezel and reflector?

Is the mirror common with the gas F150 to look in a junk yard or eBay?

Thanks
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I've got a tight fit into my garage and that's my worry too.

I went to parts.ford.com and entered my vin and searched for "mirror". It looks like you can buy some of the parts separately. Have a look and see if they have what you need. Here's a diagram I found for the passenger side mirror from there.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sad Day Broken Mirror.  OEM mirror replacement =  $1,200! Less expensive options?? 1664638213197

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Wow! And I thought $600 was expensive when my wife's mirror on her Explorer got smashed by a teenage driver snagging the garage door frame.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
My Lariat came from Ford with the right mirror damaged as yours was. Apparently damaged as it was loading.
The dealer said it was $1,500 plus installation and painting. (He and Ford are still fighting who covers the costs).
Ford F-150 Lightning Sad Day Broken Mirror.  OEM mirror replacement =  $1,200! Less expensive options?? IMG_0296[1].JPG

A full replacement came in about a week. The problem is they come primered and must be sent out for color match and painting. The installation only took about 1/2 hour.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I would imagine that camera on the bottom of the mirror adds to the cost.

OP
OP

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
The part I need doesnā€™t have a part number on the diagram. I messaged them to see what the it would be and the cost.
Hopefully they will come back to me with it.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I believe 17682 is the general Ford designation for a right hand mirror (a left is 17683). You need more of the part number to make sure an ICE version will fit. 2021 F-150 ICE mirrors start with ML3. (If you plan to swap out a complete assembly, remember that there are variants with different sets of features. But you *might* be able to buy a different variant and just extract the parts you need, since many components are shared.)

There seems to be a healthy supply of Gen 14 ICE model mirrors on eBay and elsewhere. Per link below, some are swapping them out for bigger tow mirrors

If you unbolt your damaged mirror, it will have a sticker with a complete part number. (See images in thread below.) That should help you get a definitive answer on a possible salvage/eBay solution.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-driver-passenger-side-mirrors.3162/

Sponsored

NM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I believe my right mirror was damaged on delivery but I didnā€™t notice. I recently noticed that the light on the side was pushed in after comparing mirrors and Iā€™m getting it fixed through insurance. It is $2000! There isnā€™t a single scratch on the mirror or the casing and all of the electronics work. Thatā€™s why I think it cam from the factory messed up. šŸ˜–

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I believe my right mirror was damaged on delivery but I didnā€™t notice. I recently noticed that the light on the side was pushed in after comparing mirrors and Iā€™m getting it fixed through insurance. It is $2000! There isnā€™t a single scratch on the mirror or the casing and all of the electronics work. Thatā€™s why I think it cam from the factory messed up. šŸ˜–
why not take it to your dealership and see what they say... shy boys get no candy!

NM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
They deny it and may not have noticed it, either. Also, Iā€™m a girl and not shy. Lol

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
They deny it and may not have noticed it, either. Also, Iā€™m a girl and not shy. Lol
It sucks that it wasnā€™t noticed, but instead of going with $2000 for it. Get one used or off of eBay. You can get a single side for about $200. Theyā€™re a piece of cake to replace, I upgraded mine to the power folding, extension the tow mirrors for less than $1000 for both sides.