• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So Cal dealer, DCH FORD, Thousand Oaks, Ca now wants ADM.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
As for what is shown on the ford website for pricing, even that isn't going to do anything because mine showed a markup but my truck was sold to me at MSRP.
I could be wrong, but it's ultimately a free market. If the dealer includes a markup on the orderpage then it is what it is. Where Ford have stepped in is where the order page have shown $0 difference from MSRP but come day of pickup the dealer says they want ADM.
That is just plain ol' bait and switch.

If there's an ADM posted on the order page I kind of understand that Ford can't do much about it.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with my truck. Dealer verbally communicated a low ADM long before the ADMs became a hot topic and long before I ordered, yet on my orderpage it says $0 ADM. I'm fine either way, but I'd raise hell if they bump the ADM beyond what has been communicated come deliver day.

Last edited:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I only got verbal price at MSRP once when I talked to sales guy over the phone but now he's gone. Hope there would be no surprise.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I could be wrong, but it's ultimately a free market. If the dealer includes a markup on the orderpage then it is what it is. Where Ford have stepped in is where the order page have shown $0 difference from MSRP but come day of pickup the dealer says they want ADM.
No it is NOT free because stupid law prevents car makers to sell to customers directly!

Dealers are in monopoly position and can add ADM freely. It is not car maker's intention either sell with ADM, or dealers pocket ADM.

Dealerships are a thing of past for new car sale. They should be assigned as a delivery center, they should not be involved to decide sale price as we can do everything online except delivery.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
That is just plant ol' bait and switch.

If there's an ADM posted on the order page I kind of understand that Ford can't do much about it.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with my truck. Dealer verbally communicated a low ADM long before the ADMs became a hot topic and long before I ordered, yet on my orderpage it says $0 ADM. I'm fine either way, but I'd raise hell if they bump the ADM beyond what has been communicated come deliver day.
So the online order page is what I argued with Ford about - the dealer can change that markup at any time, which my dealer did. They said they added it to all of the trucks because it was on all new orders but I didn't have to worry about it because we had a deal and my truck was ready ordered. They changed it after my truck went into production, which meant I wouldn't be able to change my order to a different dealer. Ford said the dealer was no wrong and they can do what they want but they will put a note in their system that the dealer did that.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Yeah, the system showed a markup but that wasn't anything binding, the dealer is allowed to change that at any time. I had an agreement to pay MSRP and luckily they honored that. It's relevant to OP because it shows that the dealer can do whatever they want and you have little power to change that and minimal/no help from Ford.
If the question is, as it seemed, whether the order financing information is binding on the dealer then if the order info said you had to pay a markup but the dealer agreed to not require it is absolutely different from the opposite scenario (where what’s binding on dealer is no markup but now they’re demanding it)

if you have other reasons to assume/argue that the order financing info is NOT binding n the dealer then great - please share, I wasn’t disagreeing.

But saying that a dealer can agree to take less is not at all telling to whether a dealer can demand to take more.

Last edited by a moderator:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Truck was delivered to the dealer last week. Originally spoke with the General Manager after the reservation was made, before my wave to order and was told no ADM on reservations. He no longer works there. Dealer now wants to add ADM. Has anyone dealt with this?
OP, the other thread I mentioned and was thinking about was a different posture than yours: namely, they hadn’t ordered yet

But this post in the other thread purports that the FAQs say any online order pricing isn’t binding and final cost will be determined at dealer level

But meanwhile here’s a thread where, like you, Dealer was trying to “sneak in” an ADM not reflected on the order and got the dealer to back down after speaking with Ford - though not necessarily by any leverage Ford had other than the dealer agreeing to back down

Hope yours turns out similarly

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Dealerships are a thing of past for new car sale. They should be assigned as a delivery center, they should not be involved to decide sale price as we can do everything online except delivery.
What do you think will happen when reverend Elon decides it's a great idea to auction off build slots to the highest bidder ? Let's do Dutch auctions ! Basic Model 3 starting at $100,000 and the price is reduced by $2,000 every 15min until someone bites. Would that still be considered the sales model of the future, or just another way for car manufacturers to maximize the profit ?

Pretty much every solution will have it's own set of challenges / problems.
Plenty of great dealers out there and dealers selling the truck at MSRP. As long as the cost is known up front I consider it "OK" since we have a choice. It's the shenanigans and shady practices that make people despise them.

Just the other day we wanted to place an order for a car for the wife with a dealership which we literally just walked into and said "we want this model with this configuration" they tried telling us that they don't work with outside financing, so we told them that plenty of others do not, so please reconsider, eventually they did, but still lost the sale - simply because they tried playing tricks.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
So the online order page is what I argued with Ford about - the dealer can change that markup at any time, which my dealer did.

No it is NOT free because stupid law prevents car makers to sell to customers directly!

Dealers are in monopoly position and can add ADM freely. It is not car maker's intention either sell with ADM, or dealers pocket ADM.
These make intuitive sense, but what lingers for me still is why I phrased my initial post as I did:

Anyone know if smart Vincent covers this?
With smart VINCENT, I thoughtFord dealers are obligated to observe pricing incentives and rebates available to a customer at the time of order, regardless if prices change/incentives disappear (at Ford or otherwise) later at the dealer?

for example, when I ordered my delivery charges were $100 less than what they were months later at actual delivery and even what my dealer put on my contract. I didn’t catch it at the table, but later emailed the dealer and told them to pull smart VINCENT and they promptly refunded me the $100

However, it may be that smart VINCENT runs the other direction: it allows dealers to recoup from Ford prior incentives even if the delivery is made after an incentive expires, all to let dealers choose whether to honor those incintives?

but I’ve certainly seen folks speak of wielding smart VINCENT against dealers attempting to not honor pricing elements (incentives, D&Dfees, etc., applicable at order vs delivery)

Perhaps it’s back to good old red faced leverage with the GM, but hope it resolved

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
What do you think will happen when reverend Elon decides it's a great idea to auction off build slots to the highest bidder ? Let's do Dutch auctions ! Basic Model 3 starting at $100,000 and the price is reduced by $2,000 every 15min until someone bites. Would that still be considered the sales model of the future, or just another way for car manufacturers to maximize the profit ?

Pretty much every solution will have it's own set of challenges / problems.
Plenty of great dealers out there and dealers selling the truck at MSRP. As long as the cost is known up front I consider it "OK" since we have a choice. It's the shenanigans and shady practices that make people despise them.

Just the other day we wanted to place an order for a car for the wife with a dealership which we literally just walked into and said "we want this model with this configuration" they tried telling us that they don't work with outside financing, so we told them that plenty of others do not, so please reconsider, eventually they did, but still lost the sale - simply because they tried playing tricks.
Why do I need to care what Elon did?

I only care why on earth does government need to tell car makers cannot do something which apparently benefit customers when you claim we have free market?

Of course you would because you either work for or connect to dealers.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Report it to Mike Levine on Twitter. Ford will not allow ADM on orders. Especially since it was your order and it showed up for them to add the mark up. ford will not allow that dealership any more Lightning allocations if they do that. Straight from Jim Farley's mouth.

Reactions: 06z
OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
That is just plant ol' bait and switch.
Ordered in February with dealer approval with NO ADM. Now months later, they want ADM.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Ordered in February with dealer approval with NO ADM. Now months later, they want ADM.
Does your online order show ADM in the "Difference from MSRP" line item?

If not, you may consider waiting until the truck arrives and completing the purchase directly through the Ford website; it uses whatever is recorded on the website as the final price; if the dealer is planning on adding MSRP when you show in person, it won't show during the checkout direct through Ford.

So, if the dealer isn't adding ADM until you show up, just outsmart them and check out direct through your Ford account! You might have to use Ford financing to make it work, but if the ADM is large enough, it'll be worth it.
Sponsored