• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SOS: MY MSRP has increased after order

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
@benderofbows

It's my dealer and my understanding that a price adjustment of $5,000 will reimbursed by Ford to the dealer some time after the sale, and the $7,000 PCO will come off at the table as if it was an additional down payment.

How Ford is unable to verbalize how this is supposed to work is beyond me. I imagine people with builds around the new $80K tax credit cap are going to have to fight to prove what they actually paid vs. what the sticker shows as more than likely the IRS is just going to scan the VIN and read the price out of a book; they're not going to dig into this convoluted mess of PCOs and dealer price adjustments, of which @Ford Motor Company has provided ZERO proof of in writing. How a company as large as Ford managed to botch the rollout of a flagship BEV pickup has been truly remarkable.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Ford customer care is absolutely useless. Until the window sticker is available they have no idea how much their own truck will cost. I placed an order at MSRP of $39,974, Ford Manage website shows $46,974, latest dealer build sheet shows $51,974. The rep couldn't even verify I have a PCO despite my insistence it exists under my reservation number as other representatives have confirmed in the past. She was able to confirm inclination sensors in the Advanced Security package are gone after August builds, basically would tell you if somebody was picking up your truck to take a wheel/tow away. Perimeter security is still enabled supposedly (we'll see how long that lasts). No word on why all of my options prices are higher as well, "you'll have to wait for the sticker to be released". This customer experience is a joke.
This is a text from a ford sales rep explaining why the window sticker and dealer in invoice are different. Price protection is only offered to the original buyer. If you decide not to take delivery they can now sell it at the higher price to a new customer
Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order DCC2E917-6CA4-4F8F-9825-384064E58C9E

Last edited:

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
This is a text from a ford sales rep explaining why the window sticker and dealer in invoice are different
I understand why it needs to be different, I just don't understand why the information seemingly can't come directly from Ford's mouth. They are the ones setting MSRP and offering these rebates and PCOs to bring us back to MY22 pricing, it's not the dealer's responsibility to have to explain this. The lack of transparency in the process is baffling to me. The closest I ever got to an answer was one rep told me the dealers can refuse to apply the PCO and price protection shown in Smart Vincent and that is why Ford can't promise us anything regarding pricing. With how intentionally vague Ford has been throughout the process it sadly won't surprise me when deferrers show up to their dealer and are expected to pay MY23 pricing.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Did you make any changes to your order after October 5th?
No, but someone did (probably Ford). They removed an item they have supply chain issue with, which I believe triggered the MSRP change.

update: dealer told me the system (something I can’t see) should keep all pricing at the time of order the same if I don’t change anything which I didn’t. So they are saying I should be OK with the $47K base MSRP but the 2022 $7K Ford offer to bring it down to $40K seem to be a crap shoot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in the same boat, ordered a Pro at $46,974 and the dealer sheet shows the new MSRP of $51,974. The dealer agrees that I should be charged the price shown on the order, but they can't explain why the DORA sheet doesn't match. The dealer claims (correctly I feel) that I didn't order the truck from them, I ordered it from Ford. I agree about Ford customer service, I called to ask them and while they were friendly, it was a waste of 30 minutes as they can't answer anything.

Ford: "Final pricing is set by the dealer."
Me: "Yes I know, but what starting price does Ford show?"
Ford: "We don't have any pricing. Call the dealer."
Me: "The dealer shows $51,974 as MSRP but my order with Ford says $46,974 MSRP. Which MSRP is correct for this order?"
Ford: "Again, the dealer sets pricing, and pricing varies by dealer."
Me: "What does the 'M' in MSRP stand for?"
Ford: "..."
Me: "It's manufacturer. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing. I am not asking Ford for a final price, I'm asking Ford why I ordered and placed a deposit on one price, and now the MSRP shows higher on all paperwork. Surely the dealer can't be expected to cover a $5k difference between MSRPs?"
Ford: "Call your dealer."

Dealer: "We don't know how this works. Normally we just print the paperwork off at time of order. You didn't order the truck from us bro."
It is an absolute mess that Ford is aware of but not in a rush to fix (parts of the problem is not easy to fix, parts are very easy to fix). What options do we have? Cybertruck don’t exist and Rivian is $100K so if you want Pro pricing, you can’t have a premium buying experience and you deal with a process in which no one is accountable. You can’t accuse Ford of false advertising if you don’t get that 22 pricing they promised because Ford says I didn’t sell you anything go talk to your dealer. You can’t accuse dealer of taking your money because they will say, I didn’t promise you anything. It works fine for them with reservation lines maxed out and regulators indifferent about what is happening to consumer. We are on our own. Chances are, things will be fine for most of us at the end but even if it is just the unnecessary stress of uncertainty, it‘s value will impact both the dealers and the company when market stabilizes.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I understand why it needs to be different, I just don't understand why the information seemingly can't come directly from Ford's mouth. They are the ones setting MSRP and offering these rebates and PCOs to bring us back to MY22 pricing, it's not the dealer's responsibility to have to explain this. The lack of transparency in the process is baffling to me. The closest I ever got to an answer was one rep told me the dealers can refuse to apply the PCO and price protection shown in Smart Vincent and that is why Ford can't promise us anything regarding pricing. With how intentionally vague Ford has been throughout the process it sadly won't surprise me when deferrers show up to their dealer and are expected to pay MY23 pricing.
I guess at some point Ford put too my faith that the dealerships would do the right thing rather than the dealership hoping for a buyer who doesn’t know better.

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
It is the dealers responsibility. Ford explains it to the dealers. The dealers sell the cars. That is the business model they currently have.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is the dealers responsibility. Ford explains it to the dealers. The dealers sell the cars. That is the business model they currently have.
That has been the business model so far but Ford is trying to change it because better alternative is already out there. They have started the change but there are legal and people challenges. This is why everything is half ass with so much confusion. In the past keeping customer in the dark has been seller’s best friend. In this day and age that is difficult to pull off. They may as well go for complete transparency. If they let different systems talk to each other and let dealer, customer and Ford reps see the same information, everyone saves time, problems get ironed out faster and useless people and processes get weeded out. All the headaches come from people trying to make money out of products and services that have no real value by preserving the status quo.

useless rant end

NoBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I feel the pain. Even if the MY22 (Pro) price is fully honored, the damage is already done with just having the higher price shown on the window sticker: For CT, this means the application of the higher "luxury" sales tax of 7.75% (instead of 6.35%) for vehicles over 50k, loss of the CT CHEAPR tax incentive for vehicles under 50k, and higher annual property taxes.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
k don’t exist and Rivian is $100K so if you want Pro pricing, you can’t have a premium buying experience and you deal with a process in which no one is accountable. You can’t accuse Ford of false advertising if you don’t get that 22 pricing they promi
Hello All... Newbie here from Northern CA.
Hoping I can get some advice from this awesome group, this forum has been a great help for me.
I am in the same situation. I placed an order on the first day, got an extended reservation and was able to order the Pro on Aug 11, 22. The MSRP was showing $47k. I called the dealer, Ford, around October and they said there is 1 part that was in a backorder situation and will delay the delivery, so they recommended removing "On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch Removal". So they did remove it, but then the MSRP changed to ~$52K. They claimed that they had no knowledge on the price and cannot see anything from their system until the VIN is issued. Then my order got scheduled - My build date is 12/5/22, Blend 120221210.

I have been communicating through emails with the dealer trying to get a confirmation that I will get $7000 private offer deducted from the original MSRP of $47K. The dealer can only confirm the $7000 private offer, but did not say from what MSRP $47K or $52K.

I really hope they will be honest and pass that saving to us who have been patiently waiting for this truck. But at this time, I am anxious and feel like we are on our own until the delivery :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello All... Newbie here from Northern CA.
Hoping I can get some advice from this awesome group, this forum has been a great help for me.
I am in the same situation. I placed an order on the first day, got an extended reservation and was able to order the Pro on Aug 11, 22. The MSRP was showing $47k. I called the dealer, Ford, around October and they said there is 1 part that was in a backorder situation and will delay the delivery, so they recommended removing "On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch Removal". So they did remove it, but then the MSRP changed to ~$52K. They claimed that they had no knowledge on the price and cannot see anything from their system until the VIN is issued. Then my order got scheduled - My build date is 12/5/22, Blend 120221210.

I have been communicating through emails with the dealer trying to get a confirmation that I will get $7000 private offer deducted from the original MSRP of $47K. The dealer can only confirm the $7000 private offer, but did not say from what MSRP $47K or $52K.

I really hope they will be honest and pass that saving to us who have been patiently waiting for this truck. But at this time, I am anxious and feel like we are on our own until the delivery :(
Your situation is opposite of me. My dealer confirmed that $47K price will be honored by them and Ford since it was the price when order was submitted (as long as you don't change anything else). However my dealer does not respond to any inquiry with regards to $7K private offer. I think you are doing better than me. Your dealer will get the difference between old and new MSRP back from Ford after the sale.

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
I'll chime in with my experience.

MY22 reservation for a PRO, finally able to order in August. Dealer confirmed the PCO of $7000 to get the price back to the original MSRP of $39,974.

Just got a production date of 1/9/2023. Had dealer add the Tow Tech package so I'd have the brake controller. New price sheet now reflects the higher MSRP of $51,974. Still waiting on confirmation from them that they'll price adjust the $5,000 difference (I've heard from others that it should do so automatically and that Ford reimburses the difference). I'm living in hope and optimism, lots of opportunities for dealers to pocket these amounts. Will update when I hear back from my rep.

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Here's the update. Asked my dealer rep what the deal was, if I was price protected both from the initial MY23 $7000 increase with the private offer AND the recent $5000 increase (which showed up when I added the Tow Tech package). Here is her response.

"That is correct! The build summary/window sticker changed before I added the tow tech package! You will be price protected from the 2023 price increase as well as your initial private offer!"

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Here's the update. Asked my dealer rep what the deal was, if I was price protected both from the initial MY23 $7000 increase with the private offer AND the recent $5000 increase (which showed up when I added the Tow Tech package). Here is her response.

"That is correct! The build summary/window sticker changed before I added the tow tech package! You will be price protected from the 2023 price increase as well as your initial private offer!"
I would keep a couple copies of that statement in different lockboxes around your house.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
So, my dealer is now saying the private cash offer is to bring my price down to the msrp prior to the second pro price increase, rather than my22 msrp. Does anyone have any documentation for the private cash offer that says it’s meant to bring the price back to my22 levels?
Sponsored