• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
How did you like SunRun for your solar?

I’m considering their offer to lease me solar panels, for a free HIS install. Thanks
I've had good experiences with them. Gotten two separate systems through them so far. Both times I did the leased plan paid up front. That was by far the best deal at the time. If you want, I'll send you a referral link.
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Not a 1:1 comparison but here were some of my quotes for a 60 amp circuit breaker, conduit, etc for a tesla wall charger install. For a 50-60 ft run, 3-4 places quoted $1100-1300. The guy I went with quoted only $550. If a Bay Area/Central Valley person sees this and wants the guys details let me know.

OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
I asked some questions to SunRun and here are the responses:

- Are you able to install without me home? Unfortunately we are not able to install without you there, we need your truck and you to be on site so we can pair your truck to the charger after we install. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- How long is the charging cable? 25 FT

- How far does the charger protrude? A little over a foot, I have attached a specs sheet so you can see all the dimensions.
Ford F-150 Lightning SunRun Ford Charge Station Pro Installation Progress Report 1655919724196

- What's the process if you were to get an additional EV in the future? Getting an additional EV/EV charger would be treated the same as adding any other additional load to your home. Whoever is installing the charger for the additional vehicle will need to run calculations to make sure your main electrical panel could support the amperage of the charger. If your panel is already full, you would need a main panel upgrade to make room for the additional load. This is all something the company installing the extra EV charger would assist with.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If ford is including the giant ass charger with the truck and they have an agreement to deliver and install from a vendor, yes, yes i do. If you order a truck with an accessory installed at dealer such as a bedcover, isnt labor included when you order it? Yes, the answer is yes.
UMM no way.

How can installation be included when there are infinite ways of installations ?

Flat charge for someone who wants a 120' run vs. another just behind the breaker (1') installation ?

Does not compute.

No one said you have to install the Ford charger, you could easily use your own or your workplace or public DCFC...

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
UMM no way.

How can installation be included when there are infinite ways of installations ?

Flat charge for someone who wants a 120' run vs. another just behind the breaker (1') installation ?

Does not compute.

No one said you have to install the Ford charger, you could easily use your own or your workplace or public DCFC...
Kind of exactly why you make a flat rate contract. As big as Ford is, its not that hard to negotatite with the amount of vehicles they plan to scale. No different than many vendors in the auto business. You know on some you win some you lose. Ford took the wrong way on this one. You can defend a multi billion dollar company all you want, but at the end of the day, you know its wrong.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I guess ICE F-150s should come with a pump and a gasoline storage tank, permitted and installed for free, of course. It's a multi-billion dollar company and they have the money to do it without increasing prices. You know, flat-rate contract and all.

/s

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I guess ICE F-150s should come with a pump and a gasoline storage tank, permitted and installed for free, of course. It's a multi-billion dollar company and they have the money to do it without increasing prices. You know, flat-rate contract and all.

/s
Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Well said.(y)

Reminds me of my father's farm where we have a gasoline fuel storage tank from the 1960's where I would manually crank a handle around 30-40 times before the fuel starts pumping.
Always thought that if there was electricity outage, I'd still be able to get fuel using the manual crank.... ;)

Maybe if the end of the world or an EMP strike from Russia/NK/China were to happen, at least I can get fuel (not that any of our cars would work, except for my dad's old carburetor F100).

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

/s
The liability alone makes a high amperage EVSE install on your home a non-starter for a major company not in construction/electrical work. I think picking SunRun was a good strategy for covering many, but tacitly sucks because they do. I am just happy they designed and included the CSP with the ER.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I originally was leaning on getting a local electrician to install mine, but based on this thread it seems the install quote of $1650 from Sun Run isn't that bad. In my case it's probably higher than I could get locally because my install is on the outside of the house right next to the main power panel. It's less than a 2-3 foot run of cable. However I have a 80 mile round trip commute and need the charger online as soon as possible after delivery of the truck so I might just go with them for the simplicity and timing. Sometimes you just have to go with the fast option and pay the premium.
Sponsored