• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That's why this is at lightly used locations to start. Newer installations have more room or spaces on both sides, feedback will help guide tesla on what to do to fix it, either bigger spaces, every-other space, longer cables... the options are endless to fix this hypothetical situation.
Well said!

Newer installs should have more room for us CCS EVs.

I don't see any Magic Docks installed at a SC location where it is in a parking garage and very tight between spaces.

If blocking a stall is going to be an issue, I can see pulling my Lightning up and over the park berms, curbs and grass to get access to the charger and look really out of place!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Do you honestly think people will care about paying attention not to block more stalls? That's not going to happen. Your gas station analogy doesn't quite apply here. It rarely happens that you will get blocked to use a gas station stall because of poor utilization but even if it does, it will only take few mins, here you are talking about waiting 30-40 mins if there is poor utilization. Unless they come up with a solution, no it's not going to be ok.
This is such a sad situation. I know many people don't like Tesla and I'm OK with that, but honestly the VAST majority of Tesla drivers would look out for each other and know the charging rules and do what is right, even if it means moving during a charge session to make something better for another person.

All of the stories I hear from these other brands and the dislike of Tesla, its very sad to see that someone might take joy in blocking two chargers and not adjusting to make it so that another person will be able to get access and charge.

I truly hope and believe Karma will be waiting down the road for that person that doesn't want to adjust. Most should know that Karma has backups too which we won't even discuss here.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
If blocking a stall is going to be an issue, I can see pulling my Lightning up and over the park berms, curbs and grass to get access to the charger and look really out of place!
Yep, I really like the supercharger locations that are 2-sided and in the middle of a parking lot. That really opens up a lot of options that won't cause blocking of a charger. Every-other space or super wide spaces with the stall in the middle will be fine too. EA has some of those, I try to use them with my truck if I can.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
12.99 a month is a bit steep for me. I'd like to eventually use the SC that's in west El Paso as it's closer to where I visit than the EA stations on the other side of the city. But that's about the only time I'd use it. Will be watching progress to see what, if any, adjustments Tesla makes.
This is what it is intended for. No one wants nor expects someone to buy a CCS car now and make Tesla a 100% charge option. This is a pricey alternative that helps to make your vehicle much more usable and valuable to you by being able to go places you couldn't previously go.

If anyone should need to use the Tesla SC 3 or 4 times a year and can't afford the doubled rate, you need to reconsider the EV purchase.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is such a sad situation. I know many people don't like Tesla and I'm OK with that, but honestly the VAST majority of Tesla drivers would look out for each other and know the charging rules and do what is right, even if it means moving during a charge session to make something better for another perosn.

All of the stories I hear from these other brands and the dislike of Tesla, its very sad to see that someone might take joy in blocking two chargers and not adjusting to make it so that another person will be able to get access and charge.

I truly hope and believe Karma will be waiting down the road for that person that doesn't want to adjust. Most should know that Karma has backups too which we won't even discuss here.
This is bad planning and it’s starting to seem more of a money grab by Musk especially if he doesn’t make it convenient for Non-Tesla owners.

I do believe newer installs be equipped the right way especially with the CT coming. Even then, you’ll take up two spots?

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock A0298228-A371-45D6-BFA6-D63012EB9352

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If anyone should need to use the Tesla SC 3 or 4 times a year and can't afford the doubled rate, you need to reconsider the EV purchase.
For my use case, I don't need to use it. If the price isn't competitive then I won't use it. I'll let supply/demand play its game and move on.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
This is bad planning and it’s starting to seem more of a money grab by Musk especially if he doesn’t make it convenient for Non-Tesla owners.

I do believe newer installs be equipped the right way especially with the CT coming. Even then, you’ll take up two spots?

A0298228-A371-45D6-BFA6-D63012EB9352.jpeg
I can't see arrows in that pic, I am positive that some Tesla drivers are blocking more than what they should in that lot. It doesn't matter though if there are so many.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I can't see arrows in that pic, I am positive that some Tesla drivers are blocking more than what they should in that lot. It doesn't matter though if there are so many.
There won’t be an arrow just like the EA stations. I think eventually Tesla will fix it and make it Costco style.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
There won’t be an arrow just like the EA stations. I think eventually Tesla will fix it and make it Costco style.
If they end up retrofitting a place that frequently has issues and they get complaints or a fight video goes viral, Tesla will probably throw some long cables on them ASAP.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Whew! $.52/kWh! And I thought the EA price increase was steep. Gas is much cheaper when you’re getting about 2mi /kWh on the interstate.
On top of $12.99 per month?! WHOLLY!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

A0298228-A371-45D6-BFA6-D63012EB9352.jpeg
It is a money grab - who leaves money sitting on the table? Not one of us on this forum would.

Lets be honest - the government giving $7500 to people that make up to $150K or $300K to buy an EV is just the same. It is each of us grabbing it vs a company. Its absurd that we are subsidized like that.

This isn't political, I'm just saying, who the hell leaves money on the table? At least Tesla is doing something with it. I know many successfully charge daily at EA, but there is no secret the number of problems they have.

Tell me the difference of how the two companies have used and made a difference with the money they've received. At least Tesla is making the most of it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
For my use case, I don't need to use it. If the price isn't competitive then I won't use it. I'll let supply/demand play its game and move on.
This is they key for every charger out there. Let supply and demand have its say.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
12.99 a month is a bit steep for me. I'd like to eventually use the SC that's in west El Paso as it's closer to where I visit than the EA stations on the other side of the city. But that's about the only time I'd use it. Will be watching progress to see what, if any, adjustments Tesla makes.
Sign up only when you need it, I do the same thing with EA. And if you do that for only when you take a trip the question becomes, would you pay $5 to not have to worry about whether the charger is working or not?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
On top of $12.99 per month?! WHOLLY!
This wasn't about free charging. It was about convenience and having access to a charge where you didn't have it before.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
This wasn't about free charging. It was about convenience and having access to a charge where you didn't have it before.
Yep outside of very occasionally I'll stick to EA. If there's a problem at EA then how nice will it be if there's a Tesla SC right down the road?
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN