• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TFL Lightning review “….Much Better than I Expected”

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting I thought for some reason they were still embargoed. Not sure why.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Kind of a disappointing video. It's 30 minutes long and there's no new information about the truck that hasn't already been discussed months ago. Roman didn't really seem to be all that into it - either because he knows this is just another fluff video or he's not actually all that excited about the truck.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Kind of a disappointing video. It's 30 minutes long and there's no new information about the truck that hasn't already been discussed months ago. Roman didn't really seem to be all that into it - either because he knows this is just another fluff video or he's not actually all that excited about the truck.
Or he’s tired from the trip, picking up the truck and working on being the first to make a video. I mean the truck itself even without an EV power train is awesome, I’m sure he’s excited.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is that a iconic silver Lightning ?

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I love the hesitation of the mustang driver when roman asked "do you like electric trucks?" 🦗

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I just saw that John Voelker from Car and Driver said they are going to get to tow with it today.

It's their first time alone with the truck without Ford handlers, I'm sure they're making lots of content. They're just trying to put out whatever they can. I can't blame them.

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I think there’s a “rush to be first” and these guys are trying to get content out as quickly as possible while also complying with Ford’s embargo. So, he is putting out “episode 1” to make it look like he’s the first with a review but he’s providing generic information to avoid violating his hush agreement. Once they are allowed to speak freely, you are going to see some new content.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Obligatory analysis of the dashboard GOM: 312 miles estimated on 100% charge of a Platinum with 300 mile EPA range.
Not too shocked. I bet it will show a lot more than that if you deive a lot on level roads at 40-50 mph when it's 70 outside and you have the HVAC off.

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Payload 1619 lbs (Platinum)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I know TFL also has a truck on order, hopefully they will be getting theirs delivered in the next few weeks as well.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I think there’s a “rush to be first” and these guys are trying to get content out as quickly as possible while also complying with Ford’s embargo. So, he is putting out “episode 1” to make it look like he’s the first with a review but he’s providing generic information to avoid violating his hush agreement. Once they are allowed to speak freely, you are going to see some new content.
I think you're right, but this feels like what we get from a 24-hour news cycle. Sucks that I was dragged in to watching for 20+ minutes before I realized there wasn't going to be anything new. I'm looking forward to the real stuff next week.
Sponsored