• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TFL Lightning review “….Much Better than I Expected”

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
We are all anxious like starving beasts ready to feast on any new content hoping these guys will violate their NDA and give us some juicy details a week early. They are capitalizing on our hunger.
I am trying to give them a little slack realizing that their audience hasn’t seen every single ford video like we have. Recognizing they are doing this as if the reviewer is seeing the Lightning for the first time, I am happy to see these guys film, edit, and publish the content so quickly. The content is boring to the educated consumer but really informative to a newcomer.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I would say it's Iconic Silver Metallic, looking forward to my Lariat-ER with the same color!!1

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
We are all anxious like starving beasts ready to feast on any new content hoping these guys will violate their NDA and give us some juicy details a week early. They are capitalizing on our hunger.
I am trying to give them a little slack realizing that their audience hasn’t seen every single ford video like we have. Recognizing they are doing this as if the reviewer is seeing the Lightning for the first time, I am happy to see these guys film, edit, and publish the content so quickly. The content is boring to the educated consumer but really informative to a newcomer.
Realistically, once we get to those videos, I expect most of the drivers to say that they like it. It is not really that hard to discern from the videos so far. Everything has been focused on features, but you can see just from the Ford Customer videos how neat it is.

For my Money, I am most looking forward to:

• Miss GoElectric walking the Plant floor with Sandy in detail
  • Out of Spec Reviews going ultra in depth on their tests on the Lightning
  • Sandy and Co fully tearing down a Lightning (This will be a while)
  • Hopefully some day having Robert Llewellyn from "Fully Charged" drive a Lightning

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Realistically, once we get to those videos, I expect most of the drivers to say that they like it. It is not really that hard to discern from the videos so far. Everything has been focused on features, but you can see just from the Ford Customer videos how neat it is.

For my Money, I am most looking forward to:

• Miss GoElectric walking the Plant floor with Sandy in detail
  • Out of Spec Reviews going ultra in depth on their tests on the Lightning
  • Sandy and Co fully tearing down a Lightning (This will be a while)
  • Hopefully some day having Robert Llewellyn from "Fully Charged" drive a Lightning
I am hoping someone (TFL maybe) can find some snow in the mountains and give us a winter performance review. I expect good things because the Mach-e exceeded my expectations.

Would also like some drag race times (0-60, quarter mile, etc.). Does the power drop off after 5 seconds? Lightning vs. Raptor will be interesting and I think open many eyes.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The answer is--

Alex on Autos for the best comprehensive review with a secondary review from Redline Reviews (Sofyan Bey)

Tom Mologhney doing a 70mph range test on the NJ Turnpike followed by a charging review.

I'm good.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The answer is--

Alex on Autos for the best comprehensive review...
Yes! I need to know the frunk comfort index and whether it will bacon.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
One thing he stated that concerned me was he said Blue Cruise was not available when towing. At least not yet. Am I right in my understanding that Blue Cruise will be available even when towing?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Am I right in my understanding that Blue Cruise will be available even when towing?
Would 100% expect it not to work.

Even if it did, don't use it. Blue Cruise is driving the Truck, not the Truck + whatever is being towed. recipe for disaster.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
One thing he stated that concerned me was he said Blue Cruise was not available when towing. At least not yet. Am I right in my understanding that Blue Cruise will be available even when towing?
What I have heard is that it is not currently working while towing (likely for safety reasons), but Ford is working on it an plans to (read may) provide an OTA to allow it.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Would 100% expect it not to work.

Even if it did, don't use it. Blue Cruise is driving the Truck, not the Truck + whatever is being towed. recipe for disaster.
Maybe but I thought that was a feature that they spoke of in their ads. Like the trailer was considered when using Blue Cruise & it was a feature that was included.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
I watched this but was rather bummed. Definitely a first to make a video and still comply with embargoes. I just want driving impressions and real world range.
Sponsored