• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Things to check when getting Heated Steering Wheel CSP

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I finally took my lightning in to get the CSP items done including the heated steering wheel. I'm going on my 4th trip back to the dealer. 1st trip was to get these items installed. I made the appointment and they knew what it was for, there should have not been any surprises. I get a call about mid-day telling me it was ready for pick up. When I get there they tell me they will call me when the parts come in to actually do the install. I asked why since these are all well known items. The service adviser said so they can confirm the right part numbers and modules. So a week later I bring it back for the install and I have a heated steering wheel and it works! The next day I'm driving and go to adjust the volume and the buttons don't work. As a matter of fact, none of the buttons on the left side of the wheel work. It was dark and I use the auto high beam and I discovered that stopped working as well. Next morning trip number 3 back to the dealer. They get it in and about mid day I get a call to come pick it up. The service adviser says there are 3 part numbers for the heated steering wheel and they ordered the wrong one. They are pretty sure that is causing all the problems. They will call me when the right part comes in for trip number 4 next week.

The moral of the story is if you get this CSP check to make sure all the steering wheel buttons work and if you have auto high beam it still works.
Sponsored

PatchesPal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model y, Lexus RX300
My heated steering wheel Add came back with the left turn signal not canceling.
I will be calling the dealer next week to make an appointment for the battery module and see if they can fix the turn signal.

mobilelingual

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Same thing happened to me when I got mine installed. Had to go back the next day and they had to reprogram something.

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I finally took my lightning in to get the CSP items done including the heated steering wheel. I'm going on my 4th trip back to the dealer. 1st trip was to get these items installed. I made the appointment and they knew what it was for, there should have not been any surprises. I get a call about mid-day telling me it was ready for pick up. When I get there they tell me they will call me when the parts come in to actually do the install. I asked why since these are all well known items. The service adviser said so they can confirm the right part numbers and modules. So a week later I bring it back for the install and I have a heated steering wheel and it works! The next day I'm driving and go to adjust the volume and the buttons don't work. As a matter of fact, none of the buttons on the left side of the wheel work. It was dark and I use the auto high beam and I discovered that stopped working as well. Next morning trip number 3 back to the dealer. They get it in and about mid day I get a call to come pick it up. The service adviser says there are 3 part numbers for the heated steering wheel and they ordered the wrong one. They are pretty sure that is causing all the problems. They will call me when the right part comes in for trip number 4 next week.

The moral of the story is if you get this CSP check to make sure all the steering wheel buttons work and if you have auto high beam it still works.
True that.. same experience here.. But I waited over a couple of months before I decided to bring it back in. which is next.
Sponsored